Request for documentation

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
nadia p.
New User
New User

Request for documentation

Post by nadia p. »

First of all I need to commend all of the developers and people involved in making Deluge possible.

I find it a bit difficult to know how to interpret if anything is a bug, enhancement or other with Deluge since I've not found any specifications or documentation to let one know the intended/expected behavior/use model first. Coming from a software/hardware development background this was key to help ensure end-users can assist the development team when submitting "action" requests.

I searched for a documentation or wiki page to better understand some of the unexpected behavior I've encountered using revision 1.3.13 for the first time. I didn't find anything which puzzled me as to what was the intended use/design of Deluge's GUI to know if/when submitting my observation should it be a Bug or an Enhancement? There I was stuck.
Shryp

Re: Request for documentation

Post by Shryp »

If you click on "Support" on top that will take you to a wiki with some info and a FAQ page. The "Development" link will take you to the source code and some more documentation on compiling.

I don't believe there is a large master wiki that covers everything, but most stuff is documented one place or another. Another thing you could do is head over to the liibtorrent web site. They have a lot of documentation over there. Deluge is mostly just a fancy front end for libtorrent.

If you have any specific questions or concerns feel free to post them and there are a few people around here that should be able to help you out. Cas is the main developer and he checks in regularly so he should be able to tell you if something is a bug, a feature or working as intended.