Isn't Deluge 2.0 the latest?

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
_DH_
New User
New User

Isn't Deluge 2.0 the latest?

Post by _DH_ »

OK, during this last winter when the forum was down and I didn't see many updates on the website, I thought I'd look into if there were any major upgrades somewhere, since the large torrent load I had gotten lately (like 5,000 torrents) had my Deluge slowed to a crawl.

I got lucky and found the development branch on Github (https://github.com/deluge-torrent/deluge), which featured 2.0. It used much less resources and took only a few seconds to start up, whereas my old 1.3.x installation took minutes. I was really pleased to get my hands on that one, although the version I installed at that time doesn't seem to want to show a tab for active transfers. It's possible it's harder to connect to too, since I don't seem to get as much requests coming my way.

What I wondered is, is this one meant to be run? I had to patch the version display to trackers in order not to show the odd version, since it wasn't on their whitelists, which is why it will probably be a bit awkward fetching new releases from Github as they come. But the lower resource use is so much more convenient. So what's going on? I can report that I've had it running for two months without any problems, but not understanding why it's not listed on the website.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Isn't Deluge 2.0 the latest?

Post by Cas »

wrxj

Re: Isn't Deluge 2.0 the latest?

Post by wrxj »

Are there nightly builds or unofficial builds of the 2.0?