Download to different folers ...

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
spamme
New User
New User

Download to different folers ...

Post by spamme »

Hi, I just switched from utorrent to deluge and I love it. I use it with the web front end on my little server and it's amazing.
The only minor nuance is the limitation to one download folder in the preferences. Let me explain better, depending of the torrent content I place it in different folders, for example when I download I movie I place it in the C:\movies folder. I know that you can change the download folder, but it's not really user friendly, because every time that I want to download in a different folder I have to type it and I have already typed it wrong a couple of times.
My suggestion is to assist the user in the case of a different download folder, to avoid type mistakes and simplify the download process.
For example it would be nice if you could hit a button and a folder browser popup, so that you could chose the download folder on the server, but I know that in a client/server application would be quite complicated. utorrent was remembering the download folders and suggesting them as a dropdown autocomplete. For me would be enough if I could add different download folders in the preference panel, for example as a semicolon separated list, and when I start a new download I can chose the download folder in a drop down.
Shryp

Re: Download to different folers ...

Post by Shryp »

If you switch to the client / server setup and use the GTK client remotely you could use the browsebutton plugin. Another option you have is the YaRSS2 plugin.
Last edited by Shryp on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spamme
New User
New User

Re: Download to different folers ...

Post by spamme »

Thanks for the reply, it could be a solution but I find really comfortable to have everything installed only on the server and just use a web browser to manage the torrents. That the GTK client has some plugins to add this functionality is a demonstration, that it could be a useful feature. As said is a minor nuance, perhaps the development team will consider to add this feature in a future version.