Small feature request: double click to open file

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
HighCommander4
New User
New User

Small feature request: double click to open file

Post by HighCommander4 »

I'm submitting a request for a small feature via the forums because I can't create a Trac account (due to the issue described here: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =8&t=51737).

It would be great if double-clicking on a file in the Files view would open it, the same as Right Click -> Open. I'm a former uTorrent user, and I'm really used to being able to do this. It sounds like it should be a straightforward change to implement.
Shryp

Re: Small feature request: double click to open file

Post by Shryp »

You can, but you have to be connected to a local daemon and you have to click on the size/progress/priority. Clicking the name triggers a rename.
HighCommander4
New User
New User

Re: Small feature request: double click to open file

Post by HighCommander4 »

Not sure what being connected to a local daemon means, but you're right that double-clicking on the size/progress/priority opens the file. Thanks!

I still think double-clicking on the filename should trigger opening the file as well - I would expect the filename is the intuitive place where most people try to click. I don't think it actually conflicts with rename, because that seems to happen when you click the name once when it already has focus, which is a different gesture than double-clicking; but even if it did conflict, I'd argue opening the file is the more important/relevant action.