Converting to pygi/Updating UI

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Converting to pygi/Updating UI

Post by doadin »

Hello everyone. I just wanted to post to maybe get some one or a vew people to help with this process. I have deluge running on pygi/gtk3. Many of the issues keeping this coversion from being pushed upstream have been either resolved or a workaround added in. Example workaround added is the radio menus in the statusbar had items but they where listed as <RadioMenuItem @somemempoint bla bla> which is obviously wrong so i replaced the menu with just a on click open the preferences window @ the bandwidth tab. This is pretty much the only workaround and i think we can all agree is not a big deal.

The one big deal though which i need help solving is torrents are not getting selected. You can click a torrent in the torrent list in the main window and it will highlight different ones etc etc. However it doesn't actually select the torrent. Torrent file menu option stays grayed out, the torrent info in the bottom half doesn't show how much is downloaded or anything like that. It seems to me like its selecting the TreeView list item but not actually setting the selected torrent_id. Im not sure if this makes sense but its the best i can describe it which is why im looking for help. I believe ive gotten it far enough that if we can fix this big issue we would have a functioning client. All other parts seem to still work you can add a torrent and it will download and the status bar show number of connections speed etc etc. The only things not working is actually managing the torrent when its added like removing changing download folder pause resume and i believe its because the torrent isn't fully getting selected as i mentioned before. You can see in the attachment below theres a torrent selected but the info isnt showing.

You can see the source code im using here https://github.com/doadin/deluge/tree/develop-pygi
Also the current open ticket for this: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2743
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Converting to pygi/Updating UI

Post by doadin »

Hello, so if anyone is watching this i actually have solved that issue and im id say 90% done with the conversion. I just have to implement a proper fix for a my workaround i used and thats all. If anyone is interested in this and/or is willing to try please checkout my branch or let me know and maybe ill make a build for windows. (sorry windows os only) If you are on linux/mac please feel free to try it and let me know how it works.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

The screenshot looks good and the description you wrote up sounds great. I won't be much help in developing it, but I might see if I can build it. An official windows binary would probably make it a lot easier and allow a lot of other testers.
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

Thanks for the input. And yea ill see about makeing a windows build later. As of right now the only issues i can see are:
1. In preferences > Downloads the button to the right of the path that opens the window to select a recent/favorite doesnt open. You can still set a path with the folder icon to the left but the recents/fav doesnt work.
2. All the plugins are broken as far as the gtkui is conserned. Theres no errors in cmd window so i think they are enableing however the preferences window is not updating with the additional plugins > *name of plugin* option. (if that makes sence) Plugins are still being enalbed though i think because the "Label" plugin that adds a option in the main window under states/owner(in the sidebar) it adds the label option to filter by.

Edit: At least for the moment i wont be able to release a build. The install makeing script needs to be updated as well.
For now any testers will have to install from source and remeber to install pygoject for windows which can be downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/projects/pygobje ... rce=navbar.
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

Just a small update i have now gotten all the plugins somewhat updated. Currently they all enable and there gtkui preferences tab gets created and most of the plugins gtkui's work. However the stats plugin and scheduler plugin are not working 100%. The stats preferences > Stats tab works as far as i can tell but the graph tab isnt getting added to the main window tabs at the bottom. The scheduler plugin seems to work and the preferences > Scheduler tab gets created and the the options open however the grid for the days is all messed up, the rest of the options for scheduler do show up and work fine though.
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

*updated*: It is currently done for the most part as far as the main gtk app goes.The only thing left is in the packaging code(not deluge itself) for windows, possibly other platforms as well. And fixing up some plugins.