Feature suggestion: Create folder checkbox

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
bojkonil
New User
New User

Feature suggestion: Create folder checkbox

Post by bojkonil »

Hi,
new to Deluge and i noticed it's missing a very useful feature. You know how some torrents contain just the file you need and others contain a folder in which that file is. Well some time ago uTorrent got this really nice checkbox "Create folder" on the add new torrent window. You uncheck the box and just the files are downloaded without creating the folder. I love that and I use it all the time so it'd be great if it was added in Deluge.
KennyWuLee
New User
New User

Re: Feature suggestion: Create folder checkbox

Post by KennyWuLee »

+1

came here to request the same thing.
This would help a lot with crossseeding, since some trackers will create a folder
around a file, while other just have the single file.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

I have recently found out you can rename the folder as a work around for this. In the GUI just hit F2 or double click on the folder name in the files tab. This will let you rename the folder. So in essence if you save the torrent to D:\ and then rename the folder to "Downloads" the files get downloaded to D:\Downloads with no folder in the middle. Will probably work best if you don't start them automatically.
KennyWuLee
New User
New User

Post by KennyWuLee »

Thanks Shryp!

this is exactly what i was looking for,
how hard would it be to create a plugin, that applies this automatically to every torrent that contains a folder ?