[BUG] Wrong path selection for Move Storage in certain situa

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
dpedu
New User
New User

[BUG] Wrong path selection for Move Storage in certain situa

Post by dpedu »

Full title: [BUG] Wrong path selection for Move Storage in certain situations.

I often need to proxy through SSH or another method to reach deluge servers. Something like:

Code: Select all

ssh me@myhost.com -L 2223:127.0.0.1:58846
Basically, this sets up SSH to listen on 2223 on my machine, and proxy traffic to the remote machine's port 58846. This is a pretty common to do when an intermediate server must be used to reach a service, be it because of how the service is protected or limitations on the network where you're connecting from. So with deluge I'd add a server with the credentials of the remote one, but an address of localhost:2223.

When I do this and try to move a torrent with the "Move Storage" option, I get the graphical path selector that's looking on my local system. Which doesn't make sense, because any path I select probably doesn't exist on the remote deluge server. There's no way to select a remote path in this situation.
etchasketcher
New User
New User

Re: [BUG] Wrong path selection for Move Storage in certain s

Post by etchasketcher »

The GTK UI will show you a different dialog if you're not connected to either localhost or 127.0.0.1. Do the forwarding like the following and it'll show you a dialog box with a text entry, instead of a file chooser dialog:

Code: Select all

ssh me@myhost.com -L 127.0.0.2:2223:127.0.0.1:58846