Feature Suggesttions for Deluge

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
Dragosvr92

Feature Suggesttions for Deluge

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Hello everyone,
I wrote all these in the IRC Chat but im copy/pasteing it here with slight changes.

Ive been using utorrent for many years now, but yesterday i decided to try something new. So i installed Deluge.
Its much nicer than utorrent... more simplified... cleaner layout.. no ads.. But i have a few things i would like to suggest to provide options to.

So, the Files tab/page....
When we double-click a folder, it opens it in windows explorer.... It should just expand it and show its contents. Open it from right click menu.

Also, when double-clicking a file... it opens the Rename option. Nobody wants to rename downloaded files...Least not from the torrent client.
When double-clicking an avi file for example.. I want it to be opened. Not asked to rename it.

I think the Rename option should be added on the right click menu, and replace the double clicking with opening the file, instead of renaming it....

Also, when opening a torrent file, instead of opening it in deluge directly, it only makes the Deluge tab window in the taskbar pulse.... It should just open it. And the Add Torrents pop-up page ....... The :Cancel: and :Add: buttons should be reversed....... In utorrent it is "Ok"... "Cancel"

We read from left to right after all. We use the latin system, not Asian or Muslim.. :)

Edit: I Am running Deluge in Windows 7 Ult 64bit.
By the way, i see you are running on phpbb 3.0.10. The last version of the 3.0 branch is 3.0.12. Should consider upgrading to 3.1.2 ;)
Nibinaear

Re: Feature Suggesttions for Deluge

Post by Nibinaear »

Dragosvr92 wrote: So, the Files tab/page....
When we double-click a folder, it opens it in windows explorer.... It should just expand it and show its contents. Open it from right click menu.
If I double click on a folder it goes to rename mode (Files tab, version 1.3.11).
Dragosvr92 wrote: Also, when double-clicking a file... it opens the Rename option. Nobody wants to rename downloaded files...Least not from the torrent client.
When double-clicking an avi file for example.. I want it to be opened. Not asked to rename it.

I think the Rename option should be added on the right click menu, and replace the double clicking with opening the file, instead of renaming it....
I agree with that one.
Dragosvr92 wrote: Also, when opening a torrent file, instead of opening it in deluge directly, it only makes the Deluge tab window in the taskbar pulse.... It should just open it. And the Add Torrents pop-up page ....... The :Cancel: and :Add: buttons should be reversed....... In utorrent it is "Ok"... "Cancel"

We read from left to right after all. We use the latin system, not Asian or Muslim.. :)
I don't think it matters that much.
bojkonil
New User
New User

Post by bojkonil »

Nibinaear wrote:
Dragosvr92 wrote: Also, when opening a torrent file, instead of opening it in deluge directly, it only makes the Deluge tab window in the taskbar pulse.... It should just open it. And the Add Torrents pop-up page ....... The :Cancel: and :Add: buttons should be reversed....... In utorrent it is "Ok"... "Cancel"

I don't think it matters that much.
It actually matters a lot if you download a lot of torrents consecutively, which, i for one, do quite often, and as soon as i saw that deluge requires me to click it every time to get it in focus, i was forced to go back to utorrent. Which is not a problem when using windows, but under linux utorrent is totally retarded. So it would be nice if deluge, which is the best option available for linux users, had the same functionality.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

You can add multiple torrents and then when you are done bring up the deluge interface and all of them will be in 1 add torrent dialog.

From there you can go through them and edit their details one at a time or just click "apply to all".
bojkonil
New User
New User

Post by bojkonil »

Shryp wrote:You can add multiple torrents and then when you are done bring up the deluge interface and all of them will be in 1 add torrent dialog.

From there you can go through them and edit their details one at a time or just click "apply to all".
That's nice, thanks, i'll give it a try.