Deluge Profile

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Deluge Profile

Post by doadin »

I figured out it was a problem with another package installed on the one pc. Not sure exactly which one but it was either(sorry) but this has been solved. I believe it was either MS SQL from like 2005 somehow(strange) or the c++redist from the MS website. Dont ask me how or why but i cleared those off my system and the problem went away. It also solved the same issue happening with a different program too. Those two things are the only changes made so really weird but it worked.

EDIT: Also as a side note I believe there to be a issue of privacy leaking in relation to anon mode and fore-proxy mode introduced in libtorrent1.0+. Are there plans to add the force-proxy mode i think both those option should be added in future builds. Also this is just a little warning. I know your still reviewing the other change and that one might not even make it but just a idea throwing it out there.
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

Not to resurrect this old thread but i was hopeing maybe someone could look at a profile for me. Im seeing basicly the same issue as before but this time on more of a fresh install. Last time i narrowed it down i think to libtorrent and certain c++ redistributables installed. However im not sure exactly what versions and what not are causeing issues.

Deluge profile cProfile:
https://mega.co.nz/#!bxoECRpZ!mvoMz4coN ... wv2jjVNG1c
pythonw.exe thread runing deluged uses ~12% cpu
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

I know this post is old, but this recent one while similar that it sets at a constant cpu usage but this time its when run in standalone and not classic mode.

I run in daemon + gtkui after 4+ hours deluged uses 12% cpu.
In classic/standalone just deluge mode 4+ hours and its fine.

oh also this test was done with deluge 1.3.11 py2.7 with my own libtorrent 1.0.3. Im gonna test with more version combos but since it happens with a change to deluge mode and not versions im thinking the issue is with deluge. Also this is on a windows 8.1 PC.