Great client but lack some important stuff imo

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
bsu
New User
New User

Great client but lack some important stuff imo

Post by bsu »

as said very nice client outperform the other linux gui powered clients imo 8-)

but

what it lacks..

when you download a torrent i want the ability to check the files in the torrent at the same moment i decide where to save the files, what to download or not..

also it creates dummys for everything so you have to go and cleanup the dummy files that you skipped

and i want to be able to select multiple files whilst doing so.. in the file tab as it is now you have to click every single file that you dont want which is _very_ tedious..

anyhow thats what it think is lacking :)

also one other thing.. i put my upload limit to 8 slots and max upload 25KB/s but the net usage is around 50KB/s

it make problems cuz only got 500Kb upload and if it peak pretty much everything else will suffer

keep on the good work ^^ :D
shirish
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Great client but lack some important stuff imo

Post by shirish »

Its very much possible the things you say although I have had no issues using it in Feisty 7.04 on an Linux ubuntu 2.6.20-16-generic . Are u using the 0.5.1 beta one or something else. You have not given enough info. so people can know.
Debian Sid, Intel Dual-Core, 512 kbps DL , 64 Kbps UL, deluge-1.3.5, pieces plugin, GNOME 3.4.x

All posts under creative commons http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
bsu
New User
New User

Post by bsu »

using the 0.5.90.1 version from the ubuntu deb available from this site

also tried 0.5.0 and 0.5.90.2 from source. i dont think anything i mentioned should be classified as issue it's more like a feature request..

with it using around the double upload is maybe linked with it's good performance that it is kinda agressive in finding good peers i dunno it was just something i noted.. maybe all torrent apps do this but this is the first time i experience that a torrent client clog my connection i think :)

having Feisty 7.04 running 2.6.20-16-generic also ^
bsu
New User
New User

Post by bsu »

also whilst i'm here there is one other thing..

when deluge is killed it loses track of torrents, i just installed Ubuntu after some time off and i manage to get me X crashed once in a while trying out new stuff.. after doing good old ctrl+alt+backspace when i load up deluge all torrents are lost.. so i have to find the torrents again..

the data is still there so it just check it up and continue. but to find all torrents again after a crash is tedious.. so maybe to save the info about torrents physically the same time as you open/accept the torrent?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

bsu wrote:also whilst i'm here there is one other thing..

when deluge is killed it loses track of torrents, i just installed Ubuntu after some time off and i manage to get me X crashed once in a while trying out new stuff.. after doing good old ctrl+alt+backspace when i load up deluge all torrents are lost.. so i have to find the torrents again..

the data is still there so it just check it up and continue. but to find all torrents again after a crash is tedious.. so maybe to save the info about torrents physically the same time as you open/accept the torrent?
this is fixed in svn and the rc release that's coming out within the hour or so. just fyi