"Last active"

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
beto621

"Last active"

Post by beto621 »

Hi all,

I am using Deluge from several months because of features and I am happy with it. One single thing is missing compared to previous clients I have used - this is "Last active" property for the torrent. There is difference in what in Deluge is considered as active compared to other clients - In Deluge the torrent is active if it is seeded (and "Active time" is counted), despite that there is no one leeching. In other clients I have used (Transmission, not sure about Vuze), "Last Active" means that there was real traffic on this particular torrent!

The reason here is very simple - I would like to remove torrents if they are not active, i.e. there are no lechers. Now even no one is leeching, the torrent is considered active and I should remember some numbers (like share ratio) to judge whether to remove it or not. Yes, I know it can be removed automatically based on ratio or age, but often this is not the case.

If such a feature "Last active" or "Last leeched" is developed, then AutoRemove plugin can be modified to remove based on it.

Hope this will be useful feature!

Thank you, Cheers!
annc
New User
New User

Re: "Last active"

Post by annc »

Same! And for the same reason. If there's no traffic for a particular torrent, I want to know about it so I can decide what to delete first.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I think without such a feature in libtorrent we are unable to implement.
annc
New User
New User

Post by annc »

Even something like polling each torrent once a [time chosen to have negligible impact on performance] to see if has had any leechers would be useful. How do other Deluge users decide which torrents to delete?
mr.srvman

Post by mr.srvman »

https://code.google.com/p/libtorrent/is ... ail?id=457
Project Member #1 arvid.no...@gmail.com
There are two counters in torrent_status.

torrent_status::time_since_upload and torrent_status::time_since_download. These should be sufficient to implement this request.
Nuckle
New User
New User

Post by Nuckle »

Is there anything in the making? I really need that feature :/
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Create a ticket and we will remember to look into implementing...
sorcerer25
New User
New User

Last Active information

Post by sorcerer25 »

When I seed a torrent I do NOT care about:
-when it was added
-how long it was seeded
-upload quantity
-ratio
Etc.

All I care about is if that torrent is still active or not
uTorrent had this feature, even you can activate a column and see globally on all torrents with one look
(had it, be cause I won't use uTorrent anymore and I don't care if it still have it or not :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )
I can't find anything like this on Deluge

So, suggestion: please include a Last Active information about a torrent

that is the last time when that torrent downloaded/uploaded something to another torrent client ... real (I mean not just updating tracker and other maintenance stuff)

Thank You ! :mrgreen:
Nuckle
New User
New User

Re: Last Active information

Post by Nuckle »

Daredee

Post by Daredee »

yes, really need this feature
maybe someone can make a plugin until 1.4.0 is released?