1.0 WebUi

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

1.0 WebUi

Post by mvoncken »

News and Talk about the 1.0 (was 0.6) webui.

Daemon and Ui are seperated in 0.6, see http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... f=8&t=1103 .

Feature-wise the 0.6 webui is comparable to the gtk UI.
It has some extra features (organize plugin), and it's missing some features that are available in gtk.
There is a basic plugin-system,but it's not fully realized yet.

Screenshots (white template):

deluge svn will break sometimes.
I can recommend it for casual&testing use but not for your collection of 100 torrents.
I know it's broken on IE7, it will be fixed eventually, but faster if someone else helps out.

how to start it: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq# ... interfaces
Last edited by mvoncken on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dev: webui, core, labels | irc:vonck7 |
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Re: 0.6 WebUi

Post by mvoncken »

Webserver integration.

By default deluge uses it's builtin webserver, but it's possible to use another webserver.
This setup depends on apache2 and mod_wsgi.
It serves the webui on the /deluge directory on your webserver.
Other wsgi-capable webservers should be able to run deluge too.

deluge_apache_config.py

Code: Select all

#!/usr/bin/env python

#config ; EDIT THIS
CONFIG_DIR =  '/home/martijn/.config/deluge' #No trailing slashes.
BASE_URL = '/deluge' #the apache url /No trailing slashes.
#/config

#Do not edit this:
from deluge.ui.webui import apache
application = apache.get_wsgi_application(BASE_URL, CONFIG_DIR)
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf

Code: Select all

### deluge
# WSGIRestrictStdout must be Off , this will be fixed, eventually...
# deluge only supports 1 process, but you are free to configure the number of threads.
# more info:
# http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ConfigurationDirectives

WSGIRestrictStdout Off
WSGIProcessGroup deluge
WSGIDaemonProcess deluge processes=1 threads=25
Alias /deluge/static/ /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/deluge-0.6.0.0-py2.5-linux-i686.egg/deluge/ui/webui/static/
WSGIScriptAliasMatch ^/deluge/(.*) /home/martijn/prj/WebUi/scripts/deluge_apache_config.py/$1
Note: make sure that the config-dir is writable by the webserver-process (configuring the wsgi daemon user is left as an exersize to the reader)
tail /var/log/apache2/error.log when you're encountering problems.
mojoxojom

Post by mojoxojom »

OMG in that picture is the the "organizer" plugin that gives you the labels and the trackers in the list on the left? I have learned that you're going to implement a label system in 0.6 and was commenting in another thread how I'd like to see it be sort of a tag system, so that I could put multiple labels on a torrent (i.e. categorize by tracker, whether it's my up or a snatch, or some other arbitrary tag like music or ebook or what have you). Seeing that "tracker" list under the labels makes me very excited!

But I am still wondering about this WebUI and even potential future discreet client front-ends. Here is what I am hoping to do...

I have a home server and 3 roommates. We all run torrents from time to time, sometimes all at once sometimes only one of us. The way it is set up now; each of us has their individual client bandwidth and connection settings put at 1/3 of our total (sane) torrent bandwidth. This keeps us from clobbering each other and the network. But often one of us is not downloading, so the others would have to manually adjust their bandwidth settings to take advantage of the spare bandwidth not being used by the other roommate.

I want to run Deluge as a daemon on my home server/router computer. This way ONE client will be managing all the bandwidth (and torrents) for everyone. I want to have multiple users either connect via WebUI and / or a thin client. Probably WebUI as I am the linux geek of the house; the other two run XP. I want it to be easy to manage who's torrents are who's. A Tag-style label system with filtered views would do the job as we could all just tag our names to our torrents and filter the view that way. It is easy for me, with the move torrent plugin, to have finished torrents put into a shared folder for retrieval by each roommate.

Ideally I would like to see Deluge support the notion of multiple users. Perhaps this can be done similar to the label / tag mechanism. We are only talking about a simple way to segregate users' torrents so as to not clutter each-others' view. But being user-aware, Deluge could restrict users from fiddling with the other guy's torrents; and optionally hide them from view. (It is useful to see all the torrents, even other users torrents, for a global idea of what's going on bandwidth wise. But this can be an admin-only view).

I worry how would Deluge back-end get confused with multiple WebUI users accessing the way it is now. Maybe it would be fine, but not being designed to be multi-user aware it may be clunky.

Further, a mult-user Deluge back end could use an enhanced move torrent plugin that would move completed torrents to different directories based on user name. It might work just as well if the move torrent plugin became label/tag aware. I could see that being very useful even for single-user scenarios (dump completed torrents tagged as music here, video there, ebook elsewhere, etc).
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

I added file-priorities:
loki

Post by loki »

Looking good
Iwi

Post by Iwi »

mojoxojom wrote:Snip.
I am in a similar situation myself, I would really like to see that option, then with all other torrents hidden. Maybe Deluge should come with a download from here option as .zip/rar, as it isn't very user friendly setting up e.g a FTP server (tbh they're all **** in Linux) for multiple users.
I use Deluge on Ubuntu 8.04 i386
Iwi

Post by Iwi »

What is the default password? I can't log in with the password I used before 0.9.4 or a blank password.
I use Deluge on Ubuntu 8.04 i386
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

default password is deluge
gtr33m
New User
New User

Re: 1.0 WebUi

Post by gtr33m »

Is there are way to pause all downloads and uploads from the WebUi? I use this feature from the gtk tray icon regularly when I need my bandwidth (voip call, remote desktop, important download). You can pause individually, but this is cumbersome.

Mark
jean

Re: 1.0 WebUi

Post by jean »

ditto to the request to be able to pause/resume all via webui, so as to open the bandwidth from another session on the LAN, e.g. for skype.

Thanks.