view of differences between pieces held by peers possible?

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
shirish
Seeder
Seeder

view of differences between pieces held by peers possible?

Post by shirish »

Hi all,
I am downloading some torrent. Now the peers pane shows people who have downloaded some percentage of that torrent but it doesn't show how many of the pieces the other person has are unique. For e.g. I'm downloading a torrent & have completed 60% of the download. Suddenly there is only one peer left which is 20% complete. Now I'm in a fix as I don't know whether that 20% is fully unique which would make the .torrent file 80% or it overlaps 10% or fully 20% as all kinds of permutations & combinations are possible. Dunno if there is a ticket describing the same thing. If somebody knows please point me to that ticket. If not please somebody post it.
Debian Sid, Intel Dual-Core, 512 kbps DL , 64 Kbps UL, deluge-1.3.5, pieces plugin, GNOME 3.4.x

All posts under creative commons http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: view of differences between pieces held by peers possible?

Post by markybob »

shirish wrote:Hi all,
I am downloading some torrent. Now the peers pane shows people who have downloaded some percentage of that torrent but it doesn't show how many of the pieces the other person has are unique. For e.g. I'm downloading a torrent & have completed 60% of the download. Suddenly there is only one peer left which is 20% complete. Now I'm in a fix as I don't know whether that 20% is fully unique which would make the .torrent file 80% or it overlaps 10% or fully 20% as all kinds of permutations & combinations are possible. Dunno if there is a ticket describing the same thing. If somebody knows please point me to that ticket. If not please somebody post it.
yes. actually this just got added to libtorrent. it wont be in 0.5.1, but hopefully we'll add it shortly afterwards
shirish
Seeder
Seeder

Post by shirish »

Debian Sid, Intel Dual-Core, 512 kbps DL , 64 Kbps UL, deluge-1.3.5, pieces plugin, GNOME 3.4.x

All posts under creative commons http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

i meant 1295, actuallly :) lots of good stuff happening in lt