Remove torrent with data option

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
mulder

Remove torrent with data option

Post by mulder »

Sometimes when i press "remove torrent", "Remove with data" and "Remove torrent" buttons are sidy by side.

Someone who wants to press "Remove torrent", may press "Remove with data" by mistake and lose downloaded data...

My suggestion is to implement "remove data" as a check box (unchecked by default), to avoid mistakes like the one i mentioned. Something like that:

cheers,
mulder

PS: sorry for my bad english... :)
Last edited by mulder on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dvdbrwn112
New User
New User

Re: Remove torrent with data option

Post by dvdbrwn112 »

Good work mulder. You gave the issues with screenshot solution.
It is very easy to understand and also to do it.
Your english is not bad. It is a good english. The main thing is that Everbody can understand the things.
Your job did sucessfully. Have a nice day Mulder.
R4 games
loki

Post by loki »

I like the idea, it could work... I have actually accidentally deleted the data before.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

if I remember correctly, I think 0.5 had the data removal option as a checkbox.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

I went with the current dialog as its a bit more HIGish. Perhaps another dialog asking if you are sure you want to delete data? And perhaps an option in this dialog to not show up if you don't want the additional warning..
mulder

Post by mulder »

andar wrote:I went with the current dialog as its a bit more HIGish. Perhaps another dialog asking if you are sure you want to delete data? And perhaps an option in this dialog to not show up if you don't want the additional warning..
Why do you think that the current dialog is more HIGish?

In my opinion, most users click "remove torrent" when it's completed and want to remove torrent but keep data. In much fewer cases, users want to remove torrent and data. So, this option should be an additional option (as a checkbox) rather than a major option (as a button) like "cancel" and "remove torrent".

This is just a thought and i just wanted to share and discuss with you. I really respect your work, deluge is far better than any other torrent client. Congrats! :D

cheers,
mulder
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

This is a very old post, but I made a hack as a work around for myself if any of you are still using this as your client.

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =9&t=51371