Bug: You cannot select multiple torrents and "Apply" options

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
Spectrum

Bug: You cannot select multiple torrents and "Apply" options

Post by Spectrum »

I have a bug report: I would like to be able to apply options to several torrents at once, but this is not possible.

Procedure:

1. Select two or more torrents.
2. At the bottom of the screen, select the "Options" tab.
3. Change some options. For example, set "Stop seed at ratio" to something.
4. Click the "Apply" button.

Now I would expect my "Stop seed at ratio" settings to be applied to all selected torrents. But only one torrent is affected.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Bug: You cannot select multiple torrents and "Apply" options

Post by andar »

It's only designed to work on one torrent. If you want manipulate multiple torrents use the context menu.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

andar wrote:It's only designed to work on one torrent. If you want manipulate multiple torrents use the context menu.
I assume by "context menu" you mean "right-click the torrents"?

Very well. In that case I have a new feature request: Add "Stop seed at ratio" to the context menu.
silverdulcet

Post by silverdulcet »

Spectrum wrote:Very well. In that case I have a new feature request: Add "Stop seed at ratio" to the context menu.
If your looking for a way to get this functionality within the current version it is possible. Are you familiar with the Label plugin? Just set up label's for the seed ratio's you'd like to have multiple torrents to stop at. Select all the torrents you want to change the seed ratio for, right-click and select Label, then select the one you wish to apply to all selected torrents. The stop seeding at ratio is under the "Queue" tab when defining or editing an existing label. There is also a check box to remove the torrent from deluge once its reached the ratio at which you wish it to stop. The labels could also be automatically applied if all of the torrents you'd like to change the stop seeding ratio originate from the same tracker.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

silverdulcet wrote:
Spectrum wrote:Very well. In that case I have a new feature request: Add "Stop seed at ratio" to the context menu.
If your looking for a way to get this functionality within the current version it is possible. Are you familiar with the Label plugin? Just set up label's for the seed ratio's you'd like to have multiple torrents to stop at. Select all the torrents you want to change the seed ratio for, right-click and select Label, then select the one you wish to apply to all selected torrents. The stop seeding at ratio is under the "Queue" tab when defining or editing an existing label. There is also a check box to remove the torrent from deluge once its reached the ratio at which you wish it to stop. The labels could also be automatically applied if all of the torrents you'd like to change the stop seeding ratio originate from the same tracker.
Thanks. I will look into that.
jhparizona
New User
New User

Re: Bug: You cannot select multiple torrents and "Apply" opt

Post by jhparizona »

Great answer! Thanks silverdulcet! I too was looking for a way to apply the same settings, particularly the stop at option, for 100+ torrents and dreaded having to do each one separately. I already had the label plugin installed but for the purpose of labeling. I did not know I could set the options for each label then have the settings applied to torrents just by applying a label. You can bet I will be taking much more advantage of this feature in the future. I see that selecting multiple torrents for getting information and setting options is slated for version 2.0. I will certainly try that version when available.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

You can change the default settings in the main preferences window as well and it will retroactively apply to everything I believe.
haydent

Post by haydent »

Shryp wrote:You can change the default settings in the main preferences window as well and it will retroactively apply to everything I believe.
no , it only applies to torrents added after setting changed