New User

Multitracker again

Post by riarheos »

Hello.

First of all. I've read both
http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... ltitracker
and
http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... ltitracker
and I've read the specs about multitracker.

Yet the reality's bit different than the specs (yes, I mean the existence of μTorrent).

The problem I am trying to solve is the following. Most big internet providers in my city
now are providing "local retrackers": the trackers that "know" about clients behind the
NAT of the provider. These retrackers are oficially supported by the main trackers
(following the μTorrent convention of informing all trackers within one tier at once):
they share no peer information.

Now consider the following scenario:
1. I download a torrent file which contains the main tracker and the retracker in one tier.
2. The main tracker gets down and the client switches to the retracker effectively disabling
torrent downloads / uploads (remember: no peer sharing). The local retracker is almost
never down, so I get disconnected this way totally.

The only option now is to manually remove the retracker. But this way it's hand work for every
torrent I download and I'm loosing potential local (but very fast) peers.

The question is: is there a chance the Deluge will support the μTorrent-like tracker support
(the libtorrent library sais it does support it)? Of couse with the words "Yes, I know that if the
trackers do peer-exchange, they will almost certainly ban me".

Thanks in advance.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Multitracker again

Post by andar »

libtorrent 0.15 will support uTorrent style multi-tracker support. With version 1.2 of deluge, you can use either libtorrent 0.14 or 0.15.. So support will be there once libtorrent 0.15 is released.
riarheos
New User
New User

Post by riarheos »

Wow, that's great news!
Looks like I've finally found the best torrent client :)

Thanks a lot!
starslights

Post by starslights »

Oh nice!! thats' a excellent news, i can't wait anymore :=)

Thanks for that

my best
Alseimik
New User
New User

Post by Alseimik »

I'm sorry for bringin this one up top in the forum, but i don't believe this feature is yet implemented, am i right? I seem that only one tracker at a time is supported. Can we expect this to be implemented? I would hate to leave Deluge, but i grow more and more impatient about this feature.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

You can use the LtConfig plugin and enable the "announce_to_all_tiers" setting as well as the "announce_to_all_trackers" setting.
name type default
announce_to_all_tiers bool false
announce_to_all_trackers bool false

announce_to_all_trackers controls how multi tracker torrents are treated. If this is set to true, all trackers in the same tier are announced to in parallel. If all trackers in tier 0 fails, all trackers in tier 1 are announced as well. If it's set to false, the behavior is as defined by the multi tracker specification. It defaults to false, which is the same behavior previous versions of libtorrent has had as well.

announce_to_all_tiers also controls how multi tracker torrents are treated. When this is set to true, one tracker from each tier is announced to. This is the uTorrent behavior. This is false by default in order to comply with the multi-tracker specification.