System Tray password protect

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
Nomad64
New User
New User

System Tray password protect

Post by Nomad64 »

I recently noticed that with the system tray on, with password protect enabled, a user can still right-click on the icon to get the menu and make changes without typing in the password. I think the password protect should require the user to enter in the password any time they click on the icon.

By the way, I love Deluge and have been using it since v0.2. It is a very quick client with the features I need, and not much else. And it doesn't run in Java...unlike some other BT clients.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: System Tray password protect

Post by markybob »

Nomad64 wrote:I recently noticed that with the system tray on, with password protect enabled, a user can still right-click on the icon to get the menu and make changes without typing in the password. I think the password protect should require the user to enter in the password any time they click on the icon.

By the way, I love Deluge and have been using it since v0.2. It is a very quick client with the features I need, and not much else. And it doesn't run in Java...unlike some other BT clients.
a user can still right-click and make *certain* changes. this was done on purpose and by design. it's also exactly how azureus does its system tray lock. it's for user convenience and probably wont change