rss torrent plugin

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
jorge.vargas

rss torrent plugin

Post by jorge.vargas »

Hi

I have been working on a RSS plugin, I'm using http://feedparser.org/ and I'm thinking of have a small pickle to handle the torrent already downloaded.

The place where I'm stuck is which should be the best way to feed torrents into the engine. I have a couple of posibilites and I'll like someone that is familiar with the code to give me some guidance as to which will be the best:

1- use the "add torrent from url"
2- download the torrent file and send it to the core
3- send in a StringIO or an open file so the core will read it.

to me the best will be #1 but I'm not sure how efficient that will be.

also I'll like to know if I can rely the handling of duplicated torrents to the core, for example I'm planning on keeping a list of all .torrent downloaded from the feeds, which will handle the case of a torrent file that was catch but the user didn't wanted it, but I still have the case where the same torrent is link from two feeds.

if any potential user is readying this I got a very different idea then the "other feed downloaders" I hate the "configure" and the "regexp" patterns so I'm planning on implementing filtering outside of the plugin, that is you will have to find custom feeds, knowadays everyone has them, and the plugin will just download everything from that feed, eliminating dups globally, and in the future flagging negative content, so instead of the general pattern of filtering what you want, i'm planning of implementing filtering what you don't want which makes more sence, at least for me. But I'll post a user guide later. right now I want to get it working :)
irfan
Leecher
Leecher

Re: rss torrent plugin

Post by irfan »

This is a plugin I'd definitely like to see.

good luck :D

(potential user)
jorge.vargas

Re: rss torrent plugin

Post by jorge.vargas »

well I got it working but I need someone to work on the GTK part, any takers?