hello, some feedback and SVN not compiling right

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
jorge.vargas

hello, some feedback and SVN not compiling right

Post by jorge.vargas »

Hello

first I like to thank you for this great proyect, I started using it 1 week ago and I have already uninstall my azureus client, you guys as less then half the memory usage and well most of your code is in my favorite programming language.

I have started checking out the code and I got a couple of issues/suggestions, going to post the simple ones here and I'll create a topic for the more complex ones.
- first I can't get svn running, I downloaded the code i install all the packages required in the README and compile it, (ran make) everything seems fine but when I try to import the module from the build dir either by moving the deluge script to the lib dir or trying to import core from the shell, I also try make install into ./bin and /usr in all cases python was able to find the module but it falied from trying to call "init_deluge". I'll post the traceback ones I get home. any ideas what may be happening? oh I'm running ubuntu 7.04 with the lastest packages.
- is there a development mailing list? I found a proposal but it seems it didn't fly, may I suggest you start a googlegroup? they are great with gmail for dev integration.
-
- setuptools for plugins (separate thread)
- setuptools for deluge itself (separate thread)
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: hello, some feedback and SVN not compiling right

Post by markybob »

jorge.vargas wrote:Hello

first I like to thank you for this great proyect, I started using it 1 week ago and I have already uninstall my azureus client, you guys as less then half the memory usage and well most of your code is in my favorite programming language.

I have started checking out the code and I got a couple of issues/suggestions, going to post the simple ones here and I'll create a topic for the more complex ones.
- first I can't get svn running, I downloaded the code i install all the packages required in the README and compile it, (ran make) everything seems fine but when I try to import the module from the build dir either by moving the deluge script to the lib dir or trying to import core from the shell, I also try make install into ./bin and /usr in all cases python was able to find the module but it falied from trying to call "init_deluge". I'll post the traceback ones I get home. any ideas what may be happening? oh I'm running ubuntu 7.04 with the lastest packages.
- is there a development mailing list? I found a proposal but it seems it didn't fly, may I suggest you start a googlegroup? they are great with gmail for dev integration.
-
- setuptools for plugins (separate thread)
- setuptools for deluge itself (separate thread)
sudo apt-get --purge remove deluge-torrent; svn co http://deluge-torrent.org/svn/trunk deluge; cd deluge; python setup.py build; sudo python setup.py install; rm -rf ~/.config/.deluge; deluge
jorge.vargas

Post by jorge.vargas »

I didn't try the purge, maybe my normal installation is causing the trouble, I'll try that in 1-2 hrs and report back

PS: thanks for the quick reply.
jorge.vargas

Post by jorge.vargas »

i made a fresh copy with ur input, I ran

Code: Select all

svn co http://deluge-torrent.org/svn/trunk deluge; cd deluge; python setup.py build; sudo python setup.py install; rm -rf ~/.config/.deluge; deluge
as for the first part it seems the deluge packages from feisty have been removed, because I can't find them anymore https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+search?text=deluge, although they are in the feisty-backports.

here is the error I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/deluge", line 41, in <module>
    import deluge, deluge.common, deluge.interface
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/interface.py", line 34, in <module>
    import core, common, dgtk, ipc_manager, dialogs
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/core.py", line 49, in <module>
    import deluge_core
ImportError: No module named deluge_core
could this have something to do with the extension being call _deluge_core but the code is importing deluge_core??

if I go to core.py and change the import to

import _deluge_core
I instead get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/deluge", line 41, in <module>
    import deluge, deluge.common, deluge.interface
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/interface.py", line 34, in <module>
    import core, common, dgtk, ipc_manager, dialogs
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/core.py", line 49, in <module>
    import _deluge_core
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (init_deluge_core)
jorge.vargas

Post by jorge.vargas »

I fix it with the following

I'm still not sure why you guys named ur extension _deluge_core

Index: setup.py
===================================================================
--- setup.py    (revision 816)
+++ setup.py    (working copy)
@@ -156,7 +156,7 @@
                        'boost_thread-mt', 'z', 'pthread', 'ssl']
        print 'Libraries mt'

-deluge_core = Extension('_deluge_core',
+deluge_core = Extension('deluge_core',
                     include_dirs = includedirs,
                    libraries = librariestype,
                     extra_compile_args = EXTRA_COMPILE_ARGS,
I track down the bug to http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/changeset/804 again no idea why ur doing that, and guess what it was you :)
eternalsword

Post by eternalsword »

from the changelog
markybob wrote:windows is retarded. needs this '_' to compile
strange that that caused breakage for you but not for others