Download directory!

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
Stormx

Download directory!

Post by Stormx »

Hey folks. I'm a long time azureus user but I'd really like to use Deluge. It looks great and has some amazing potential. I have a small issue though.

I download a lot of music torrents, where albums are stored in directories (e.g. Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga by Spoon). I'm quite particular with my directory naming, so when I go to download a torrent, I will right click it in the azureus's import torrent dialog and choose "change download directory".

This allows me save a file as:
/media/Music/spoon - ga ga ga ga ga/01. whatever.mp3
Instead of:
/media/Music/Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga by Spoon/01. whatever.mp3

It would be super-cool if Deluge had this feature! :-)
eternalsword

Re: Download directory!

Post by eternalsword »

It already does. Under preferences make sure you select "Ask where to save each download"
edit: My bad, I misread, yeah it would be nice to be able to change the names of directories and files within the torrent.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

Stormx wrote:Hey folks. I'm a long time azureus user but I'd really like to use Deluge. It looks great and has some amazing potential. I have a small issue though.

I download a lot of music torrents, where albums are stored in directories (e.g. Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga by Spoon). I'm quite particular with my directory naming, so when I go to download a torrent, I will right click it in the azureus's import torrent dialog and choose "change download directory".

This allows me save a file as:
/media/Music/spoon - ga ga ga ga ga/01. whatever.mp3
Instead of:
/media/Music/Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga by Spoon/01. whatever.mp3

It would be super-cool if Deluge had this feature! :-)
This is definitely something we will be adding in the future.. as to when it will be implemented is another question.
Stormx

Post by Stormx »

I have some minimal knowledge of python and a lot of free time on my hands currently, so I'm going to attempt a patch (come morning... 3:16am here)
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Stormx wrote:I have some minimal knowledge of python and a lot of free time on my hands currently, so I'm going to attempt a patch (come morning... 3:16am here)
cool...we're always thankful for help :)