Deluge 1.0.4 Released

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
dark5tar

Re: Deluge 1.0.4 Released

Post by dark5tar »

awesome! Im sitll running 1.0.3 ( i think ). but I really appreciate the work you guys put into Deluge. :P

I will download this. I do have a question - Will the windows installations ever be able to just update without the uninstall of the previous version and reinstall of new?

Also, I havent seemed to be able to get any other blocklist other than Emule to actually load. It would be nice to maybe be able to load the updated peer guardian lists as peer guardian 2 seems to indicate that its blocking upwards of like 29 million ips and the Emule blocklist only seems to indicate 190683 IPs blocked whereas peer guardian 2 indicates 2761596424 are Blocked.

I am currently downloading 1.0.4. and will uninstall .3 and install this , but in any other previous iterations of deluge it seems the only list that loads ( and shows the url for the list to be downloaded from ) is the Emule list.

but other than that im about 90% done with the .4 download and cant wait to install it!

thanks again for such a great app!
dark5tar

Post by dark5tar »

I just installed 1.0.4 and went into the blocklist and tried to download different blocklists, every other blocklist i chose other than the default Emule list DOES NOT change the url for the download of the list. Even with a forced download it wont change the default url.

Im not sure if its a bug, or just the way it is...but I thought I should just post that I did verify.
cbrigstocke

Post by cbrigstocke »

Let me preface that I'm using an xfs partition for my downloads. I've noticed that my downloads are much less fragmented when I use compact allocation. Strange, but maybe it's just with an xfs partition. I know that there are specific ways to allocate for xfs using xfs_io. Is there any chance it could be implemented in the future?
-cbrigstocke
Nezmer

Post by Nezmer »

cbrigstocke wrote:Let me preface that I'm using an xfs partition for my downloads. I've noticed that my downloads are much less fragmented when I use compact allocation. Strange, but maybe it's just with an xfs partition. I know that there are specific ways to allocate for xfs using xfs_io. Is there any chance it could be implemented in the future?
I second on that .
XFS specific method of allocation instead of using sparse files would be great .

It's the only preference I used in Azureus and missing from Deluge .
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

1.0.4 is the first windows release with a webui.
But there's a bug in the installer.
To use the webui on windows:

Open delugew2.cmd
Find:

Code: Select all

"%CD%\deluge.exe -u web"
And replace it with:

Code: Select all

"%CD%\deluge.exe" -u web
dev: webui, core, labels | irc:vonck7 |
loki

Post by loki »

It works, it finally works... thanks again btw!
dark5tar

Post by dark5tar »

...the delugew2.cmd file is in the "scripts" directory of wherever u installed deluge too...

Example C:\programfiles\deluge\scripts\delugew2.cmd

I opened up that .cmd file in notepad, and saw the bit of code was basically the very last line, of course your milage on that may vary.

now i guess i may as well figure out how to get that webui to be put to good use eh?
scrapmetal
Leecher
Leecher

Post by scrapmetal »

just one comment on recent releases
i dont like that ALL torrents are resumed when clicking the tray icon > resume all. i mean earlier those torrents i had manually paused wouldnt get started if i did this. maybe another option could be added that brings back the old behaviour
ubuntu intrepid amd64
cbrigstocke

Post by cbrigstocke »

Maybe there could be a "Stop" button?
scrapmetal wrote:just one comment on recent releases
i dont like that ALL torrents are resumed when clicking the tray icon > resume all. i mean earlier those torrents i had manually paused wouldnt get started if i did this. maybe another option could be added that brings back the old behaviour
-cbrigstocke
Iwi

Post by Iwi »

cbrigstocke wrote:Maybe there could be a "Stop" button?
scrapmetal wrote:just one comment on recent releases
+1. Paused is confusing.
I use Deluge on Ubuntu 8.04 i386