Deluge 2.0 Beta 1

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
jeps
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Deluge 2.0 Beta 1

Post by jeps »

Strange, almost no feedback in this thread.
I thought everybody was holding their breath for this one.

How long until a RC is available?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

When all the roadmap bugs and features are fixed: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/roadmap
MutatedHero

Post by MutatedHero »

jeps wrote:Strange, almost no feedback in this thread.
I thought everybody was holding their breath for this one.

How long until a RC is available?
Most trackers do not allow beta clients etc.

@Cas
I just installed the Beta 1 and noticed that when clicking the radio button to switch to Thin Client and then Ok, the "Do you want to restart to use Thinclient mode?" has Yes on the right and No (default choice) on the left. I feel like they should be switched around and Yes should be made default. The word "Thinclient" should also be changed to "Thin Client" to match the setting page.

I look forward to testing this new client. Thanks for your hard work.
tugurlann

Post by tugurlann »

Looking forward to this one. However, I'm running Thinclient on desktop and daemon on a file server in my home network, so I'm a bit... skiddish for inpplace upgrade.

Is the windows thin client compatible with 1.3 daemon?

Thanks for the hard work!
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

tugurlann wrote:Is the windows thin client compatible with 1.3 daemon?
Afraid a 2.0 thin client is not compatible and would not make sense to as it contains many changes that require the 2.0 daemon features. However the main reason is that incompatible changes were made to the communication protocol so 2.0 clients cannot even message 1.3 daemons.
tugurlann

Post by tugurlann »

Hello,

I'm a fairly novice Ubuntu user, it would be great if there were a step by step guide to upgrade the server from 1.3 to 2.0, as to keep the previous configurations for http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/User ... ce/systemd and http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/UserGuide/ThinClient intact.

Thanks!

Or updated guides for 2.0 beta, so it's easy to start from scratch.
topbanana

Post by topbanana »

Does v2 include any multi-threading or similar support? Couldn't spot any in the Roadmap.
I have little 2c-4t Atom CPU in my seedbox that only every sees one core/thread maxing out, so 25% max.

If i dump an armful of torrents onto deluge at once, the thin client is pretty much dead for quite a while.
I do have some horrible latency between me and the server, which sometimes makes it a bit slow when deluge is idle.
And it's often seeding hundreds of torrents, but 99% are not doing anything.

Being able to keep a snappy, responsive thin client would be the biggest improvement i'd love to (am desperate!) to see!

As we've all witnessed the improvements to PCs when multi-tasking with a multi-threaded CPU, that remains very usable even when a high load task is running. It'd be awesome if Deluge could gain this.
big_bum

Post by big_bum »

Hello,

Thanks for updating. I've installed deluge on my headless Linux machine and so far it works fine.
I've installed the client on my OSX Sierra (to control the Linux server), but I cannot start the app. In terminal it gives me the following error:

Code: Select all

┌─[cristi @ pc] - [/Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/MacOS]
└─[18:40:28]─[>]./Deluge
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/MacOS/Deluge-bin", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('deluge==2.0b1', 'gui_scripts', 'deluge-gtk')()
  File "/Users/cas/gtk/inst/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge-2.0b1-py2.7.egg/deluge/ui/gtkui/__init__.py", line 50, in start
  File "/Users/cas/gtk/inst/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge-2.0b1-py2.7.egg/deluge/ui/gtkui/__init__.py", line 34, in start
  File "/Users/cas/gtk/inst/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge-2.0b1-py2.7.egg/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py", line 19, in <module>
ImportError: No module named pygtk
┌─[cristi @ pc] - [/Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/MacOS]
└─[18:40:34]─[>]./Deluge-bin
zsh: ./Deluge-bin: bad interpreter: /Users/cas/gtk/inst/bin/python: no such file or directory
Edit: Managed to open by installing Deluge 1.3.15 (copy-paste Deluge.app in Applications) and then opening both Deluge.app folders (1.3.15 and 2.0), browsed until I saw Contents folder and copied (selected merge when prompted) Contents folder from 2.0 over 1.3.15.
splaquet

Post by splaquet »

I'm not gonna beat around the bush, but i'm a total newbie to Deluge. I've been a uTorrent user since day 1, then simply kept using their older version that was still a solid package... but they've really lost my attention. I'd much rather support a project like this!

So I installed the v2 Beta. I had a few issues during installation, namely files being flagged and pulled by my antivirus software. I was able to get everything up and running, but I wanted to point that out. I didn't see anyone else having that issue, which i thought was weird. Really, only me?

Anyhow, i migrated over from uTorrent successfully and pulled all of those torrents over. The issue that I'm having is that I've renamed a lot of my download folders. Deluge allows you to relocate files/folders easy enough, but only when there isn't a conflicting file/folder already in place.

As a feature request, could you allow the torrent download location to move to a location that's currently there? I intentionally want to relocate the files, as to not download duplicate files w/ different names. I'd also like to be able to recheck that package, rather than re-downloading a new set of files over the ones currently there.

Again... is this just me having a unique scenario or are there others in this boat?
crafty35a
New User
New User

Post by crafty35a »

Is it possible to run the 2.0 beta side-by-side with a 1.3 installation on Windows? I'd like to run 2.0 to help test, provide feedback, etc., but my private trackers won't allow a beta client.