1.0.0_RC9 (0.9.09) Released

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: 1.0.0_RC6 (0.9.06) Released

Post by markybob »

loki wrote:Proudly running RC6 in Vista x64 by copying the deluge folder to the other program folder. And the workaround for the slowness is excellent, should be incorporated though for the timid.

I noticed the search plugin made it in, it doesn't have a tab though when it is enabled.
The blocklist plugin doesn't show number of blocked IP ranges... not sure if it is working or not.
It appears for some reason the gtk theme that is set doesn't apply to deluge.
yes, the 64-bit workaround will be fixed and unnecessary in the next release. i've already got it working, just hasnt been reelased it. Real Soon Now :)
loki

Post by loki »

Open file/open folder not working, or broken again for Vista.
spill

Post by spill »

Hi Dev team,
I installed 1.0.0.rc6 version OS is ubuntu Hardy heron. It is running nice. :) And it runs nice & ok.

However one of the convenient feature present in the previous release was changed and become inconvenient.
In the old stable version, the full tracker list can be updated from the utorrent compatible list available in http://www.torrentz.com
now this new version you have to enter tracker one by one, which is time consuming.

can we get the old interface back. Edit tracker list will show the full list of trackers available, with each line having one tracker.
usually I paste all trackers and I can edit them quickly. I guess so do other users.

Regards,
spill.
paziek
New User
New User

Post by paziek »

****, you have confused me with this: Ubuntu 8.04 (Intrepid Ibex) package for i386 systems
I have downloaded it, then attempted to somehow update my libboost.. now I've got em really screwed in here (had to even use apt-get install -f ) :(

ps. I'm using 8.04 Hardy Heron
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

paziek wrote:****, you have confused me with this: Ubuntu 8.04 (Intrepid Ibex) package for i386 systems
I have downloaded it, then attempted to somehow update my libboost.. now I've got em really screwed in here (had to even use apt-get install -f ) :(

It was a typo on the download page. You should install the Hardy package if you are running Hardy, not Intrepid.
poorman

Post by poorman »

Hello,

I've installed RC6 and when I added a torrent via the auto-add feature (where it grabs torrents automatically from a directory) it segfaulted deluged. Any ideas?
kernel: [2981478.330012] deluged[11785]: segfault at 0 rip 7f5dcc9d966c rsp 7fffd99de260 error 4

Also, is there a way to auto-start the webui, and can I use https with it?

Thanks,

-poorman
paziek
New User
New User

Post by paziek »

andar wrote:
paziek wrote:****, you have confused me with this: Ubuntu 8.04 (Intrepid Ibex) package for i386 systems

It was a typo on the download page. You should install the Hardy package if you are running Hardy, not Intrepid.
Yeah, I know. I have just noted that, cause some1 else might get confused and try to install wrong .deb :)

ps. I'm not sure if it should be fixed by now or not, but "Move complted to:" doesn't work. They stay where they were.

Also, some kind of notification when dl complets would be nice.
yozik
New User
New User

Re: 1.0.0_RC7 (0.9.07) Released

Post by yozik »

nice job :-)

got it built and running on FreeBSD 7.0 amd64

had to add /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include to the setup.py file in the sections "_library_dirs =" and "_include_dirs = " (respectively)

also had to comment out the following lines for for gettext to work correctly as I was getting the error local.bindtextdomain attribute unknown when trying to start up the app in the core.py file about line 154 in

/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/deluge-0.9.07-py2.5-freebsd-7.0-RELEASE-amd64.egg/deluge/core/core.py

# Initialize gettext
#if deluge.common.windows_check():
# locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, '')
#else:
# locale.setlocale(locale.LC_MESSAGES, '')
# locale.bindtextdomain("deluge",
# pkg_resources.resource_filename(
# "deluge", "i18n"))
# locale.textdomain("deluge")

there prob is a fix for this some where, but the change I made got it running and allows me to try it out

I can provide more detailed instructions and patches if needed
mezz
Leecher
Leecher

Post by mezz »

yozik wrote:had to add /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include to the setup.py file in the sections "_library_dirs =" and "_include_dirs = " (respectively)
Yep, I always keep patch this in FreeBSD ports tree. I don't think it needs to be submit in here, but the developers can add if they want to.
yozik wrote:also had to comment out the following lines for for gettext to work correctly as I was getting the error local.bindtextdomain attribute unknown when trying to start up the app in the core.py file about line 154 in
Yeah. I haven't dig in deeper to find reason why the locale.bindtextdomain is always problem on FreeBSD. We have a few of patches like this in different ports in our tree. You have missed a two files, btw. ;-) You also need to patch in deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py and deluge/ui/webui/deluge_webserver.py. But maybe it's changed in 0.9.07 as the RC4 was last time I have checked. However, I do not think that it should be add in Deluge SVN.
yozik
New User
New User

Post by yozik »

mezz wrote: Yep, I always keep patch this in FreeBSD ports tree. I don't think it needs to be submit in here, but the developers can add if they want to.

Yeah. I haven't dig in deeper to find reason why the locale.bindtextdomain is always problem on FreeBSD. We have a few of patches like this in different ports in our tree. You have missed a two files, btw. ;-) You also need to patch in deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py and deluge/ui/webui/deluge_webserver.py. But maybe it's changed in 0.9.07 as the RC4 was last time I have checked. However, I do not think that it should be add in Deluge SVN.
yeh I agree that this is not the code based to make the changes, I was just noting it for others in-case someone else was running into the same issue, possibly saving them some time. I'll be looking forward to the port once it makes it there.

As for gettext and locale, from looking around I noticed that my install of locale did not have the bindtextdomain method/attribute (along with some others), but I did find it in the gettext module.