Increase number of connections per torrent?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Hellcom
New User
New User

Increase number of connections per torrent?

Post by Hellcom »

I know there is an option to increase the global number of connections, but there is none for individual torrents, which seems to be locked at 80. Is there any way to increase this, and if not I suggest including this option in the next stable release. Thanks for the great software, this is rapidly becoming my favourite bittorrent client. :D As of 0.5.2 I have finally been able to stop using wine+utorrent!
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Increase number of connections per torrent?

Post by markybob »

Hellcom wrote:I know there is an option to increase the global number of connections, but there is none for individual torrents, which seems to be locked at 80. Is there any way to increase this, and if not I suggest including this option in the next stable release. Thanks for the great software, this is rapidly becoming my favourite bittorrent client. :D As of 0.5.2 I have finally been able to stop using wine+utorrent!
we actually dont set a per torrent limit on connections, which leaves it as unlimited. it's possible that we'll include this at some point. glad you're liking the client :)
Hellcom
New User
New User

Post by Hellcom »

markybob wrote:
Hellcom wrote:I know there is an option to increase the global number of connections, but there is none for individual torrents, which seems to be locked at 80. Is there any way to increase this, and if not I suggest including this option in the next stable release. Thanks for the great software, this is rapidly becoming my favourite bittorrent client. :D As of 0.5.2 I have finally been able to stop using wine+utorrent!
we actually dont set a per torrent limit on connections, which leaves it as unlimited. it's possible that we'll include this at some point. glad you're liking the client :)

That's kinda odd, I'm currently leeching off a 5000 peer torrent but I only have 80 connections. The setting for global connections is -1 (unlimited). When I select "update tracker" it does go over 80 temporarily, then drops a couple of connections to go back to 80 in total. Other than that I have never seen it go over 80 for individual torrents.
gelassen

Post by gelassen »

Hi,

Same problem here, global torrent connections are staying about 70-80 Connections.
Even with a 1000 Peers Torrent the connection number won't raise, it's always about 70-80.
Currently, downloading from 5 torrents with 1000+ Peers, but global connection number wont raise above 70...

Kinda strange...

Maximum Connections setting is at "-1".
EmasXP

Post by EmasXP »

gelassen wrote:Hi,

Same problem here, global torrent connections are staying about 70-80 Connections.
Even with a 1000 Peers Torrent the connection number won't raise, it's always about 70-80.
Currently, downloading from 5 torrents with 1000+ Peers, but global connection number wont raise above 70...

Kinda strange...

Deluge is acting wierd since the last update for me. I'm running with about 4-8 global connections on 7 torrents. It starts around 80 though.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

EmasXP wrote:
gelassen wrote:Hi,

Kinda strange...

Deluge is acting wierd since the last update for me. I'm running with about 4-8 global connections on 7 torrents. It starts around 80 though.
did you make clean first? always make clean
EmasXP

Post by EmasXP »

markybob wrote: did you make clean first? always make clean
No, but I did now. I uninstalled deluge and removed the config directory; The problem is still there. Azureus runs without a problem, but I cant figure out why deluge doesnt.

Got 2 connections now.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

EmasXP wrote:
markybob wrote: did you make clean first? always make clean
No, but I did now. I uninstalled deluge and removed the config directory; The problem is still there. Azureus runs without a problem, but I cant figure out why deluge doesnt.

Got 2 connections now.
what shows as your active port? also, please post a full screenshot.
EmasXP

Post by EmasXP »

markybob wrote: what shows as your active port? also, please post a full screenshot.
I'm using port 6666 right now. Have tested 1204 and 1280 also.
http://www.deluge-torrent.org/test-port.php?port=6666 wrote:TCP port 6666 open on 81.235.180.55
UDP port 6666 open on 81.235.180.55
Attachments
Deluge Preferences.png
Deluge Preferences.png (41.64 KiB) Viewed 10210 times
gelassen

Post by gelassen »

Hi,

After an update to 0.5.2 my connection Problem was solved.