Cannot load web pages while using deluge

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
A$h x
New User
New User

Cannot load web pages while using deluge

Post by A$h x »

Okay, I've been using deluge happily for 6 months now. It all worked fine until 2 weeks ago. Nothing has been changed on my system, all of a sudden pages started timing out, but my up/down speed in deluge was fine. I've noticed that if I clsoe deluge, then I will be able to load pages if I wait around 30 seconds. I think it may be my ISP doing, but TBH I'm not 100% sure. My ISP is virgin media (in the UK), anyone lese having these problems?
Oh and my machine is a ubuntu hardy/XP pro dual boot. If I use utorrent in windows, then I seem to be able to browse web pages just fine while up/downloading torrents. I tried utorrent via WINE in ubuntu, but I still suffered the same problem. I've tried QoS on my router, changing my ISP DNS for openDNS, nothing works.
Please help, I like deluge and want to keep using it. :(
A$h x
New User
New User

Re: Cannot load web pages while using deluge

Post by A$h x »

Afraid to say Deluge IS the problem. I tried using transmission and while my web pages load slightly slower, it is to be expected as i was trying to stress my connection to the fullest in order to replicate the problem.
I tried d/l'ing the same torrent in both deluge and transmission, and while deluge gave me great speeds of 1.1MB per second, my firefox slowed to a crawl. The same torrent in transmission will only give me around 300-400Kbps, but if that means I can surf the net while d/l'ing then I don't mind.
I've been using deluge for 6 months now, and this problem only started happening recently. I'm on the newest version (0.5.9.1) and my bandwidth seems to be rapidly consumed by deluge. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem?
Nameless

Re: Cannot load web pages while using deluge

Post by Nameless »

I've also had this problem, although not with all versions of deluge. Also, I got it to disappear by setting deluge's maximum connections and conn. per sec. very low (read about it here. I thought that was it, but the problem just reappeard in 5.9.1. Just to check, i reinstalled 5.9.0, and the problem disappeared again.

I might be a regression, or maybe something totally random.