Reseeding files?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
puncho
New User
New User

Reseeding files?

Post by puncho »

Hi, I moved some files after downloading and need to reseed them. I moved the files back, changed the folder and file names back to the original names but when I click on the torrent and do the "force re-check", it still starts the download and doesn't show it as complete/start the re-seed. Still haven't figured out a good way to move files after downloading while keep it seeding (using Unraid) if anyone has any tips. Help appreciated, thanks!
truenorth

Re: Reseeding files?

Post by truenorth »

I'm a newbie, but what I've found to work is this. Deluge will move the files for you, don't move them manually.

From the list of torrents, right click on the one you would like to move. A menu/dialog will open. At the bottom is "move storage". Pick and and tell deluge where to move the storage to. Pick OK. Deluge will move the file but it takes a few minutes.

Multiple torrents can be selected.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Reseeding files?

Post by shamael »

The previous statement is right. To keep seeding you have to operate any file action from the Deluge console. You can with Deluge move files, rename, etc without impact if done from Deluge itself. This is true for any Torrent client

About the reseed question you can keep the file in the final destination of you want. Download the .torrent again in pause state (option to check, point it in the correct location (move storage). If the files concerned match the .torrent the checksum will succeed with the "force recheck option" and you can unpause it to continue the seed. Take care about the details in the .torrent: the name, folder structures, etc. must perfectly match. Only after getting the "seeding" status you can change location/name in Deluge