Empty complete folders are recreated on deletion

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Solonor
New User
New User

Empty complete folders are recreated on deletion

Post by Solonor »

Hi All,
Some background as to what I've done so far: I've been browsing the net and forums for a few days now trying to figure out this issue. I did see threads like this http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?t=35459 But these are torrents that are done and that I remove from deluge. I don't expect deluge to delete them, just not recreate them if I delete them.

My setup;
I spun up a new Debian 9 64 on ESXi 6.5 as a VM. I used a guide I put together for Debian 8 that worked just fine. The install and setup went perfectly and all is working well. I did the repo install of 1.3.13 w/ libtorrent 1.1.1 that was auto installed. I then moved my deluge/.config status folder over from my old Debian 8 system. After some folder permission changes and a reboot all my in process items were recognized and started downloading.

The issue I have is, my completed torrents are moved to a specific folder. I go through that folder and file-bot everything out after removing them from Deluge, this used to clear and delete the empty folders and it still does, however after a few seconds the folder is recreated empty. Nothing gets downloaded to it, it just reappears empty, If I manually delete it, it comes back as well but nothing is ever in it, even hidden files. it seems something is "Stuck" in deluge that makes it think it's still active idk.

As an attempted fix I ran though the guide up build/update libtorrent and I'm now running 1.1.6 with the same issue. Everything else still seems ok.

This happens with new torrents and the torrents I brought over from .config folder. Everything else is working perfectly, and worked on my old version box.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Solonor
New User
New User

Re: Empty complete folders are recreated on deletion

Post by Solonor »

I found if I use the "remove torrent with data" option it removes the folder, but then i have to run file bot and go back and remove the torrents and i don't want to do that.
Solonor
New User
New User

Post by Solonor »

so i have a new caveat to this which is making me more confused. The folders only reappear if I remove them from a windows box, if a go into the completed folder via CLI and do a rm -R * they stay gone.. So now idk if its a deluge thing or a samba thing.
Solonor
New User
New User

Post by Solonor »

Hi All, this totally ended up being a permission problem, apparently from Debian 8 to 9 samba changed its default dir mask, to 0700 so i was using my windows login which was only a member of the deluge group and didn't have W to the folders deluge was creating. I updated my smb.conf to default 775 and it's working like a charm now. I was going to just delete this post but it doesn't seem that i can so ill post my resolution in case someone else has a brain fart :-)
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Better keep it for anyone hitting the same wall ;). Thx for the resolution feedback