No connection because the target computer rejected it

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
ernesto
New User
New User

No connection because the target computer rejected it

Post by ernesto »

Hello,
I use Windows 7, and I have installed Deluge 1.3.15, with default parameters, except proxy URL and Port number (+ Socks5 selected). I am unable to dl or ul, and the tracker state says "yyggtorrent.com : Error : no connection could be set, the distant (or target) computer explicitly rejected it" (translated from my French interface).
After looking at the Faq page, I still can't understand this message ; is there something that I should know ?
As you can guess, I'm not an expert, but I have been using BitTorrent and other Torrent clients before without problems.
Thank you in advance for your kind help.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: No connection because the target computer rejected it

Post by shamael »

Hi ernesto,

Have you tested your setup first? Remove your proxy setting (default so) and download for example an Ubuntu release https://www.ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads in Bittorents section
Are you able to DL/UP?

If not, what about the configured ports on your box? You can rely on UPNP but it's not always functional
(see http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 81#p227581)
ernesto
New User
New User

Post by ernesto »

Hi Shamael,
Thank you for your response.

I am afraid that I don't understand what to do with an ubuntu application...how will it work on a Windows computer ?

Actually my VPN provider (Drakker) offers a choice between two set-ups : one channels all my Internet traffic through the proxy, the other allows to choose software by software which goes through the proxy.
Since my Outlook can't send messages through the proxy, I'm normally using the latter option, and I use the proxy only for Firefox and for BitTorrent clients, and both used to work fine with this set-up.

But recently, I had this problem : unless I choose the "all-traffic-through-the-proxy" option,my Bitorrent clients can't connect.

I hope you understand what I am trying to explain. Any idea ?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Hi ernesto,

The link I provided points to a public torrent for an iso (cd image). It has nothing to do with application or installation, just testing if you can download a torrent (free torrent hence no ratio involved for the test) and if you are able to seed it afterwards. Once the test done you can delete it of course, I just want to be sure the Deluge setup is working without the proxy and with a safe torrent (no hadopi issue).

What's the issue with Outlook? not possible to reconfigure it with a proxy?
In Deluge no specific encryption settings?
ernesto
New User
New User

Post by ernesto »

Hi Shamael,
I understand. However, I knwo that I can download and upload through Deluge, or BitTorrent, as long as all my Internet traffic goes through the proxy.
So, no need to try ubuntu to know that my computer and connection set-up can do it. But in that case Outlook won't send messages, the proxy seems to block it...

As I said, I have only a problem when I select the specific option of Drakker (VPN/Proxy) which enables me to choose which application go through the VPN/proxy. I choose "no proxy" for Outlook (to make it work), and proxy for BitTorrent or Deluge; But in that case, strangely, neither Deluge, not BItTorrent can dl or ul.

And, no, I don't know how to set Outlook parameters to go through a proxy...
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

You're right

Maybe a question of port not accessible through the proxy? The provider limits maybe the range you can use. Try to check it for the IN at least, so you should be able to d/l.

For Outlook it depends for the mailbox target. Enterprise/mapi should be fine with RPC over HTTP (proxy friendly) but if you use imap/pop3 I guess it depends of the settings you set (SSL port etc). Maybe you can check with your email provider these settings.
ernesto
New User
New User

Post by ernesto »

Ok, I'll try to investigate the port issue.
Anyway, thank you for your advice and suggestions.