How to check my version and update?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
NotAnotherForumName
New User
New User

How to check my version and update?

Post by NotAnotherForumName »

I'm running Deluge in a Docker container (WebUI) on my Synology NAS. Had to use Docker because the maintainer of the Deluge package on Syno's repo hasn't updated in centuries and so it is no longer is compatible with Synology's latest NAS models and thus is not shown on Syno's repo. So i'm trying to figure out if there's any way for the user to find out what version of Deluge they're running from within the web UI (like you can with qBittorrent's webUI). Unfortunately the maintainer of the Docker container hasn't included on their linuxserver.io page.

Thanks.
sinaptika

Re: How to check my version and update?

Post by sinaptika »

Open the web interface in your browser. Can you see the name of the tab on top? Does it say Deluge Web UI x.y.xy? That's the version

If that does not work, try connecting to deluge with a desktop client. The version is mentioned also there.
If you have only used the web interface so far: download deluge for your os and point it to your synology ip or hostname.

If that does not work, tell us, where did you get the image. Did you just run docker pull linuxserver/deluge
or did you use some other interface on your synology? Perhaps the interface has some more info?

If you are comfortable with docker and your synology, try finding the shell and find the name of your running deluge container with:
docker ps

Then just run a quick version check:
docker exec <name of container from previous step> deluged -v

For future reference, try using separate images for deluge deamon and deluge web interface.