Force Recheck Doesn't Unpause Torrent

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
jlaudiofan
New User
New User

Force Recheck Doesn't Unpause Torrent

Post by jlaudiofan »

Hi folks. First off I really like how this program can be setup. I am using it on an kubuntu server, running the daemon and controlling it through windows deluge program. Pretty slick.

I'm in the process of adding all the torrents I have downloaded. I added them all in paused, so I could do a recheck and avoid downloading.

I have searched around for an answer to my question, but haven't really found an answer.

I pick a torrent, and tell it to recheck. It goes into "downloading" but doesn't actually do anything.
I tell the torrent to resume, and it starts downloading. If I tell it to recheck AFTER it is actually downloading (I see a download rate appear) it will stop the torrent, and do the recheck, then start seeding.

This seems to be kind of a strange behavior. It also prevents me from rechecking torrents where I am the only seed... It will go into "downloading" when I unpause, but never downloads and will not recheck. I did select all torrents and turned of auto managed, just in case that was messing me up.

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks!
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Force Recheck Doesn't Unpause Torrent

Post by shamael »

Hi

Do you have the last version of Deluge/libtorrent (PPA repo)? On my setup it works as you expect:
- add torrent in pause state
- force recheck move the torrent to a "recheck" section (or similar name)
- When done the torrent goes back to "paused" section (its previous state) and I can resume it
jlaudiofan
New User
New User

Post by jlaudiofan »

I have deluge 1.3.15 (both client and server).

apt doesn't show any packages that need to be updated. I did add the PPA repository, and there's one line that gives me a 404 error.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Is the PPA repo version according to your Ubuntu version?
Which line?

Libtorrent version? Don't know if it's matter but better check it.
jlaudiofan
New User
New User

Post by jlaudiofan »

I'm not sure what changed, but I removed and reinstalled the deluge daemon and now it's working as expected.