Can't open preferences on 1.3.15

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
captaintrav
New User
New User

Can't open preferences on 1.3.15

Post by captaintrav »

I compiled 1.3.15 on Ubuntu 16.04 on two separate machines with different versions of libtorrent. ( 1.0.11 and 1.1.5 )
Running in Classic mode is fine, but when I switch to client/server mode, I can connect to the daemon fine, but can't open preferences.
I can open preferences through the webui fine.
From the console I get the following when I try to access preferences.

Code: Select all

Unhandled error in Deferred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/protocols/policies.py", line 120, in dataReceived
    self.wrappedProtocol.dataReceived(data)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge-1.3.15-py2.7.egg/deluge/ui/client.py", line 179, in dataReceived
    d.callback(request[2])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 393, in callback
    self._startRunCallbacks(result)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 501, in _startRunCallbacks
    self._runCallbacks()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 588, in _runCallbacks
    current.result = callback(current.result, *args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge-1.3.15-py2.7.egg/deluge/ui/gtkui/preferences.py", line 221, in _on_get_cache_status
    self._show()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge-1.3.15-py2.7.egg/deluge/ui/gtkui/preferences.py", line 323, in _show
    lt_single_proxy = component.get("PreferencesManager").LT_SINGLE_PROXY
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge-1.3.15-py2.7.egg/deluge/component.py", line 427, in get
    return _ComponentRegistry.components[name]
exceptions.KeyError: 'PreferencesManager'
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Can't open preferences on 1.3.15

Post by Cas »

If you search for that last line in error log you will find details
captaintrav
New User
New User

Post by captaintrav »

Sorry for my ignorance, but which log? I tried to launch deluge with the -L parameter but don't get anything interesting even with verbose logging. Maybe I need to do logging on the daemon?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

The error message you posted... Or even just searching for the title of your post