WebUI Connection Manager Daemon Offline

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
BearV
New User
New User

WebUI Connection Manager Daemon Offline

Post by BearV »

Hey all,

Deluge newbie here. This is most likely a simple issue and I can't believe I'm struggling with it, but I'm trying to get the WebUI to function so that I can operate Deluge from Transdroid. It's initializing fine, however I just can't seem to get the WebUI to connect to the Daemon. The host is correct, I've tried different ports and port forwarding, but I can't seem to get the thing to work.

I'm getting this error:

Code: Select all

[ERROR   ] 22:56:46 client:587 Deluge cannot find the 'deluged' executable, it is likely that you forgot to install the deluged package or it's not in your PATH.
[ERROR   ] 22:56:46 json_api:229 Error calling method `web.start_daemon`
[ERROR   ] 22:56:46 json_api:230 [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/web/json_api.py", line 221, in _handle_request
    result = self._exec_local(method, params, request)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/web/json_api.py", line 188, in _exec_local
    return meth(*params)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/web/json_api.py", line 841, in start_daemon
    client.start_daemon(port, get_config_dir())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/client.py", line 590, in start_daemon
    raise e
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
How would I go about addressing this?

Thanks.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: WebUI Connection Manager Daemon Offline

Post by Cas »

Did you install deluged?
BearV
New User
New User

Post by BearV »

Yeah Deluged is installed and working, still the webui is not recognising the daemon. I've tried enabling the webui through the terminal as well as in the GUI, but no go, I keep getting this error.
BearV
New User
New User

Post by BearV »

For some reason it's working now. The connection manager is still displaying offline though, but everything is able to connect.