tracker errors, where ?!?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
sorcerer25
New User
New User

tracker errors, where ?!?

Post by sorcerer25 »

I think this is a question asked before, but I can't find the answer, therefore, I NEED to ask:

I'm using deluge on Windows and Linux, both client/server mode, this problem is on both, but until now it didn't burn me, but now

a torrent is not starting, on "Details" tab, at Tracker: is absolutely nothing there, on "Status" tab, at "Tracker Status:" I have:
tracker_address: Error:
and that's all (obviously, I won't post here tracker address, for some privacy reason)

so !

Where I can see full tracker errors ?

on other torrent clients, there are full errors, and I kinda bet that error is just a string cut, for some "cosmetic" reasons, and this kinda piss me off, be cause those errors are REALLY IMPORTANT, and you ppl cut them just "be cuz" (cosmetic reason, REALLY ?!?), or even a log tab of every torrent in which is described everything that torrent did, but not deluge ...

and how I said, untill now it didn't burn me, but now it REALLY DOES, I REALLY NEED HELP, THANK YOU !
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: tracker errors, where ?!?

Post by Cas »

The error is from libtorrent and we don't do anything to it. Enable debug log level to see if any extra info is output in logs.

https://github.com/deluge-torrent/delug ... r.py#L1073
sorcerer25
New User
New User

Re: tracker errors, where ?!?

Post by sorcerer25 »

I was suspected ... unfortunately for everyone (you AND me), this is a really big lack
most of torrent sites have 1-2 FAQ pages about tracker errors, how to diagnose them and how to solve them
and even if debug level may solve it, it is still A BIG LACK

my problem solved by itself, be cause it was tracker fault and that got fixed eventually, THIS IS STILL REALLY BIG LACK YOU SHOULD FIX !

thank you !