Deluge 1.3.6 hash checks are not catching corrupt data

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
timmo
New User
New User

Deluge 1.3.6 hash checks are not catching corrupt data

Post by timmo »

Recently switched to Deluge (on Mint 17.3), and am extremely pleased with its performance. However, some multi-part torrents are failing when I attempt to extract them, all with checksum errors in one or more part. A forced re-check nearly always finds no errors, and seeding resumes. But the checksum errors are still there when I again try to extract the files.

The only way I have managed to work around this is to open the completed torrent in another client, and then force a check there. That client finds the corrupt data, and downloads the bad pieces again.

As I am new to Deluge, perhaps I am missing something basic. Deluge has the fastest re-check I have seen in any client. Is this because the default is not a very stringent check? Is there a way to make Deluge perform a more thorough check of the torrent parts? Or is there some other solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Shryp

Re: Deluge 1.3.6 hash checks are not catching corrupt data

Post by Shryp »

I would look into upgrading deluge first. And with that you will probably be upgrading libtorrent.

There is a PPA somewhere you can add. Deluge is at 1.3.15 now.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Definitely upgrade. Usually it comes down to bad torrent files which are not following the spec so need reporting to torrent creator...
timmo
New User
New User

Post by timmo »

Thanks both of you for your help. I upgraded to 1.3.15 and it appears to have solved the problem. Appreciated the advice.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

timmo wrote:Thanks both of you for your help. I upgraded to 1.3.15 and it appears to have solved the problem. Appreciated the advice.
Glad to hear it.