New Router and after a few days no peers

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Eliza_Borden

New Router and after a few days no peers

Post by Eliza_Borden »

Kwe/Good evening,

I recently replaced an old Netgear router with a newer model (it didn't seem to reach far enough in the house). I also added a Netgear extender but I don't believe that's related to my problem as I unplugged it and the problem persists.

I am running Linux on a 32 bit machine and I am directly connected from the computer into the router, {this MAY be part of the problem} but I also have a wireless connection. The wireless connection shows up as 192.168.1.7 and the wired shows up as 192.168.1.2. The port forwarding is set for the wired connection.

The new router worked fine with Deluge for a few days but suddenly, I'm getting a No Incoming Connections error and the torrents stopped uploading.
First, I made sure that the Netgear Port Forwarding was set the same as it always has been.

Then I made sure that Deluge used the same port for both incoming and outgoing transfers.

Finally, I checked the torrents.

I'm not sure what is wrong but please let me know if there is any other information you need.

Ke welalin/Thank you very much!
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: New Router and after a few days no peers

Post by shamael »

Hi,

Not clear for me if the port forwarding is set for the IP of your wired connection with the screen. Check if the server has a fixed IP (with MAC address or no dhcp on the server) then please confirm the rules is well set for the correct IP.

Please set also "random port" for the outgoing ports, you can fix it but not on the same port.
Eliza_Borden

Post by Eliza_Borden »

Ke meskey/My humble apologies. I guess I cut the right side off the Netgear screen. A revised screen is below.

Also, my network connections are the wireless is 192.168.1.7 and my wired is 192.168.1.2.

I've also reset the outgoing to random. I'll let you know if this solves the problem.
Eliza_Borden

Post by Eliza_Borden »

None of the changes I've made has had much of an affect. I did notice that a few of the torrents uploaded some but not enough to consider the problem fixed. And to correct an earlier error, it's a 64 bit machine, not 32 but I don't imagine that has much of an impact.

Before going to bed, I took an image of the status of the torrents.

And another image a couple minutes ago.

The oldest torrent went from .802 to .819 but remained 1.1 Gb. of a 1.3 Gb. file.

I've also shut down the cable modem, router and computer for a couple minutes but when restarting, I got the No Incoming Connections message. However, when I rechecked at 0900 this morning, that message had disappeared.

Any help is appreciated.

shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

The message is present when none connection was made and disappear after the first successful one, normal on restart so.
If the router was the only change and some upload was made I guess the behaviour is radically different than with the prior one.
Is the router up to date? No specific option to limit the traffic (QoS or else)

For a short time you can maybe connect directly to the ISP modem (if different device) to get a direct access and figure out the router is the root cause or not. You can always use a public torrent like on the Ubuntu site to have a test torrent with high peer request
Eliza_Borden

Post by Eliza_Borden »

I'll give this a shot and report back this evening.

Eliza_Borden

Post by Eliza_Borden »

I plugged the computer wired connection directly into the cable/modem.

It changed the port from 53550 to 49676 even though the {random port} box is unchecked. I changed the from and to fields to match and when I clicked on the Test button, it gave me a black check mark instead of the usual yellow exclamation point. When I tried to use that port in the router software, it said the port was already in use. I changed Deluge to use a random port and when I rebooted it, it showed 59157 and I made that the port in the Netgear Software but I'm still getting the yellow exclamation point.

I'll going to reconnect the old router and see what happens. I might end up going back to square one.

Eliza_Borden

Post by Eliza_Borden »

Yep. Back to square one minus two. :-(

Once I connected the old router, it completely gummed up my extender and both devices connected to THAT.

I printed out every page from the Netgear settings, reinstalled the new router, got all the relevant devices reconnected (telly, phones, laptops/desktops/tablets} and am printing out the settings. After I get back from shopping, I'll try to get the same settings into Deluge and see if I can get THAT running. :-(

I keep thinking I should give up technology and go back a century or two. :-(
Eliza_Borden

Post by Eliza_Borden »

Apparently, the new router isn't worth the money I paid for it. NOTHING I DO HELPS!!!!!

Back to the original router and I'll save the new one until I get really ugly and take a hammer to it. :x :x
Sara700
New User
New User

Post by Sara700 »

Having the same issue - upgraded one laptop and it can't connect to any peers.