Client occasionally disconnects from server

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
TheShanMan
Leecher
Leecher

Client occasionally disconnects from server

Post by TheShanMan »

Occasionally my client (windows) seems to disconnect from the server (window blanks out and I have to connect again). Even though other network based apps I use don't seem to experience disconnections, I assume this is some sort of network glitch like a timeout (I have ~600 torrents and fetching all that data does take a notable amount of time). I'm not necessarily looking for a fix for the disconnections as much as I'm hoping some sort of auto-reconnect mechanism could be added, perhaps as an option. For example, if it loses the connection, try to reconnect once per minute.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Client occasionally disconnects from server

Post by shamael »

Hi,

Facing and reported a similar issue. GTK and Web UI both disconnect when I'm reaching for about 650 torrents. No issue for hours below 640.
The debug log shows an RPC issue between the client and the server, somehow the inability for the server to response in time to an RPC request. The server itself runs fine. The hardware I use for the server (RPI3) is certainly the weak point, I saw many people with more loaded torrents w/o problematic behaviour. The version 2.0 (beta) may help in the future.
TheShanMan
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Client occasionally disconnects from server

Post by TheShanMan »

Sounds like it could be one and the same. My server runs fine to the best of my knowledge (at least it doesn't ever require manual intervention to keep it running) and my server is also fairly taxed overall. In the process of coming here to finally post about this, I noticed the 2.0 beta. I get the impression it's a little early to jump on the beta and assume it will be dependable, but once it reaches that stage (RC?) I'm interested in trying to switch over.

Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one. :)