Is it possible to autopause torrents when no traffic (ul/dl) is detected in a given time?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
jfromeo

Is it possible to autopause torrents when no traffic (ul/dl) is detected in a given time?

Post by jfromeo »

Hello all.

I am running Deluge 1.3.15 and I would like to ask if it is possible to achieve the following:

1.- A script to automatically pause a torrent if no traffic (download/upload) is achieved in X minutes running

or

2.- A script to automatically send a torrent to the last position in queue if no traffic (download/upload) is detected in X minutes running

The idea is, I have 100 torrents running, and the tracker I am in only allows to have 20 running at once, so I have 20 downloading and 80 queueing. But these torrents have very few seeders (they normally have 0), so I need to continuously pause and start in packages of 20 until I get with a seed in any of them.

With the actions/scripts detailed above, they would be recirculating unattendendly. I prefer the 2# over the 1# because with 1# you would end sometime with all the torrents paused, but I guess it is easier to code.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Is it possible to autopause torrents when no traffic (ul/dl) is detected in a given time?

Post by Spadge »

In 'Queue' try enabling 'Ignore Slow Torrents'. This should achieve the same thing by not counting slow torrents as taking a place in the queues.
jfromeo

Re: Is it possible to autopause torrents when no traffic (ul/dl) is detected in a given time?

Post by jfromeo »

Spadge wrote:In 'Queue' try enabling 'Ignore Slow Torrents'. This should achieve the same thing by not counting slow torrents as taking a place in the queues.
Yeah but the problem is that those slow torrents continue to report as downloading to the tracker as they are not paused, and the next torrent in the queue would hit the max active torrents.
jfromeo

Post by jfromeo »

I have found a plugin, AutoRemovePlus, that may do the job. At least to achieve the 1) escenario.
a.png
a.png (21.86 KiB) Viewed 3324 times
But I do not know if that way I can get the torrents paused instead of removed, and I cannot test them myself as i have quite a lot of torrents running now.