Test Active Port fails

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
AeroZ
New User
New User

Test Active Port fails

Post by AeroZ »

Hi!

I was using Transmission with my Ubuntu install but wanted to switch over to Deluge. I set the same port that I use in my Transmission client to Deluge but while Transmission shows that the port is open Deluge shows that it's closed. Doing a test on Canyouseeme.org also tells me that the port is open.
If I disconnect VPN then Deluge shows that the port is open. If I connect VPN then it shows that it's closed.

Running Ubuntu 17.04 and Deluge 1.3.15.

Any idea what's up with Deluge and how to fix this port issue?

Thanks!
ddredar
New User
New User

Re: Test Active Port fails

Post by ddredar »

Hope someone has an answer. I'm having the same problem. Connect with VPN and Deluge will not work. Disconnect the VPN and Deluge works fine.
ddredar
New User
New User

Post by ddredar »

Ok, so I figured out what my problem was, mostly. The problem is so simple I had to face palm myself. I run my own DNS inside my network. After connecting to my VPN, my torrent machine can't reach my DNS and wont resolve addresses. So i set my torrent machine to resolve to my VPN provider DNS. This problem will also happen if you set the DNS addresses in your router and have your computer resolve to the router.

I can now download and upload with Deluge through my VPN. However, for some reason, the port test still will not work. Going to keep at that just to try and figure out why.

Hope this helps you AeroZ
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

The port test will always fail when using a VPN or Proxy. Just ignore it.