[Ubuntu] Help needed with auto start and connect at server reboot

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
sformisano

[Ubuntu] Help needed with auto start and connect at server reboot

Post by sformisano »

Hello there,

new deluge user here - I've read many reviews and I decided to give it a try over transmission. I have to say, I was not disappointed!
Installation and setup are quite smooth and straightforward, configuration options are straightforward, quite happy with the move.

There's only one thing I haven't quite figured out about how it actually works:

I am using the web ui to manage torrents (I have an ubuntu server box), but every time the server reboots, I find myself having to manually start the daemon and connect it to the UI.

Here's what I don't get:

1) If I don't start the daemon through the UI when the server is rebooted, does that mean that the files aren't being downloaded? I do see the deluged daemon and the web ui services running but I haven't figured out how to answer to this one definitively

2) If (1) is true, do I have a way of automatically starting the daemon and connecting it to the web-ui? What I want to accomplish is a full auto start at server reboot time, so that if the server does need to reboot for any reasons files will resume downloading on their own.

I did try googling before asking here, and I have found an option to update through the web.conf file, the "default_daemon" option, which I set to "127.0.0.1:58846" with no results. Deluge seems to actually ignore the web.conf file entirely, as I have also tried changing the port without having results (as per instructions I found online I stopped the daemon, changed the conf and restarted it).

Thanks to anyone who will help with this.

Cheers
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: [Ubuntu] Help needed with auto start and connect at server reboot

Post by shamael »

Hi sformisano,

Under Ubuntu you can start Deluge as an app. Minimized it will run for the time it's running. To start the dameon Deluged & Deluge-web (server and web interface) you need to setup the services as described http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/User ... ce/systemd