[Ubuntu] WebUI "Lost Connection!" timeout value?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
nSpectre
New User
New User

[Ubuntu] WebUI "Lost Connection!" timeout value?

Post by nSpectre »

On this old HTPC,

Firefox for Ubuntu: 55.0.2 (64-bit)

Deluge: 1.3.15, WebUI and Daemon running on same machine

ALL TOO OFTEN, when the system gets busy, like when I'm doing something in another Firefox tab, the Deluge Webui will pop an error box that says,

"Lost Connection
The connection to the webserver has been lost!"

It will then spend the next 3 or so minutes (literally!) thrashing the hard drive, I'm assuming writing a dump file of some sort. This brings the system to its knees and makes it completely unresponsive and unusable until it's done beating on the disk.

And should it happen in conjunction with another disk access intensive process like large file copy's or application loading or Radarr or Sonarr post-processing a download or, especially, the OS swapping something to disk (which can all be triggers for the Lost Connection event to begin with) it can take in the neighborhood of 20 minutes (literally!) before the system becomes usable again.

Can you enlighten me as to what it's doing with the disk when it pops this message and how I can disable it or adjust some timeout that determines how long it waits before it decides to pop that error?

I've had this happen upwards of three times in an hour and I've been reduced to just walking away from the system and taking a shower, doing the dishes, changing the oil, cleaning out the garage and/or painting the house until the system becomes stable again. :lol:

Thanks for any suggestions.