Is there a way to separate files into different directories after completed downloading?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Darkfire102
New User
New User

Is there a way to separate files into different directories after completed downloading?

Post by Darkfire102 »

One feature that I loved about uTorrent was being able to right click each individual file and sorting them to different folders. For example, I just got completed downloading a whole series and renaming them all, but I have no way to sort them into seperate folders such as "Season 1" "Season 2" etc... I'm only able to move everything as a whole. Is there a way to move files individually or a plugin I can use?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Is there a way to separate files into different directories after completed downloading?

Post by shamael »

so you have downloaded serie.S01 and serie.S02 for example and you want such a structure:
serie
S01
S02

I'm a right? If so, simply right click the torrent and select "move storage".
AnalogKid
New User
New User

Re: Is there a way to separate files into different directories after completed downloading?

Post by AnalogKid »

In Deluge, name a file "Folder/file.docx" and it will put file.docx into a folder called folder while still seeding.

For example, naming a file like this

will result in this
Darkfire102
New User
New User

Post by Darkfire102 »

Alright, so I tried that method and now I have a whole ton of duplicates because I couldn't figure out what I was doing. How do I put everything back into the original folder? The torrent it self put it into a folder and I want the files out of that folder into the completed locations and sorted by Season 1, 2, 3, etc..

After a while of trying to figure it out myself. I happened to completely screw up the directory of my whole entire series. I have no idea of what I am doing. I need to put every file back into the original folder. Is that possible?
directory.png
directory.png (35.85 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
Alright... I totally messed it up, there are multiple folders everywhere. This is so confusing. I'm typing things in nothing is happening. I'm clicking and dragging files and sometimes it works then next time it doesn't. Trying to rename folders and nothing happens.

**EDIT**
Alright, so I messed it up so bad that Deluge wanted to redownload the whole entire torrent again. I'm gonna have to switch back to uTorrent :(