[Solved] Next Announce not working over ~1,550 torrents

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Six66Mike
New User
New User

[Solved] Next Announce not working over ~1,550 torrents

Post by Six66Mike »

I'm running Deluge 1.3.15 on a Linux server with libtorrent 1.0.9.0, with 1,720 torrents seeding in the client. I noticed recently that a number of the best seeded torrents have no Next Announce time and they are no longer updating back to the tracker, which is posing issues with some new downloads.

I found the number seems to be somewhere around 1,550 seeding torrents before the most popular stop announcing back to the tracker, despite my Preferences sitting at 2,000 seeding torrents. I haven't been able to find this arbitrary number anywhere in the settings or config.

Tests I've done included stopping the largest file sizes but that made no difference, and it's always the best seeded torrents in the client, so it will keep announcing anything with a few seeds but nothing with dozens/hundreds depending on the overall number of torrents seeding.

Any ideas on changes I can make to ensure the 2,000 limit is actually achieved and the announces to the tracker don't stop? I've tried 1.3.11, 1.3.12 and now 1.3.15 with no change.
Last edited by Six66Mike on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Next Announce not working over ~1,550 torrents

Post by shamael »

Hi Six66Mike,

I don't have the answer but have you tried libtorrent 1.0.11?
The plugin ltconfig exposes any such limit, libtorrent side?
Six66Mike
New User
New User

Post by Six66Mike »

Updated libtorrent, no joy. I don't see anything in ltconfig either.
{
"file": 1,
"format": 1
}{
"apply_on_start": true,
"settings": {
"allow_multiple_connections_per_ip": true,
"suggest_mode": 0,
"mixed_mode_algorithm": 0,
"low_prio_disk": false,
"alert_queue_size": 30000,
"cache_buffer_chunk_size": 16,
"max_queued_disk_bytes": 5242880,
"utp_dynamic_sock_buf": true,
"cache_size": 32236,
"max_allowed_in_request_queue": 1000,
"file_pool_size": 100,
"inactivity_timeout": 20,
"max_failcount": 1,
"send_redundant_have": true,
"peer_timeout": 20
}
}
sinaptika

Post by sinaptika »

I'm not sure if this will help, but it looks like it (also default value is 1600 and that is where you start to see problems):

Quote from libtorrent manual:
active_tracker_limit is the max number of torrents to announce to their trackers.

If you are using gtkui client, go to Edit/Preferences/Plugins and double check that ltconfig plugin is loaded and enabled.
Under Edit/Preferences click ltConfig section and look for active_tracker_limit
First add the check mark and then change the value in the Setting column from 1600 to 2500. Click Apply when done.

P.S.
Can you share some more info and general feelings about running deluged with that many active torrents? Just curious how it handles the load and on what hardware.
Six66Mike
New User
New User

Post by Six66Mike »

While Preferences confirms the plugin is active, there's nowhere to check the settings for the plugin in the thin client.

Luckily, as I just discovered, the web client does give me access!! :D

active_tracker_limit was 1600 and unticked so I've checked it and changed the value to fit the 2,000 limit I'm self-imposing. :lol:

I'll edit the post in the next hour, I've unpaused so now waiting for the next announce cycle to run.

I use the thin client on my Win 7 PC, takes about 5-10 seconds to connect but I'm in Australia on 10Mbps and the server in EU on 10Gbps server running Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-78-generic x86_64). Hard to say the specs since it's a box with Bytesized Hosting but it runs multiple Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v4 @ 2.20GHz.

I'm on the AppBox Stream+ 2 - http://bytesized-hosting.com/plans

When I start a torrent in the thin client, I can watch it and react to it like it were on my own local machine. Since this issue I've been testing rtorrent w/ ruTorrent and the response times with that are much worse, which is why I want to get Deluge working fully again. It's just so much easier and the performance is great, I've never had issues with how well it responds or how much resources it takes on the box, even sitting around 1,800 torrents.

EDIT: We have a winner :) :) :) Changing the plugin setting through the web client worked.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: [Solved] Next Announce not working over ~1,550 torrents

Post by shamael »

Having such hardware and ltplugin install havz a look at the ltconfig preset. There is a high performance preset that may interest you.
Review the setting applied carefully, I don't use all the setting due to hardware limitation
Six66Mike
New User
New User

Re: [Solved] Next Announce not working over ~1,550 torrents

Post by Six66Mike »

Nah other than the announce thing it performs pretty good and I don't want to hog the hell out of it given it's a shared server :D