New User

Re: Changed user password, deluged hasn't worked since

Post by djmattb241 »

Code: Select all

sudo systemctl status deluged
results:

deluged.service
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/deluged.service)
   Active: active (running) since Mon 2017-08-14 18:00:54 EDT; 1 day 1h ago
 Main PID: 1921 (deluged)
   CGroup: /system.slice/deluged.service
           └─1921 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/deluged -d -l /var/log/deluge/daem...

Aug 14 18:00:54 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Starting deluged.service...
Aug 14 18:00:54 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started deluged.service.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Right so the service setup is fine. Reviewing you prior message you mentioned previously you added the user pi in auth
Please copy the output of

sudo cat /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/auth
Modifying the auth file is intended for Web access, not deluge-console straight from the server on ssh (or terminal). So this file should contain a first line with localclient ID. When you renamed the .config/deluge the auth file was generated again. Even without modifying it to add the Pi user you should be able to do the "sudo bash" and "sudo -u deluge deluge-console" (see my previous post). The pi user in auth is not related to the user of the Linux system, you can choose anything (maybe the source of confusion)
djmattb241
New User
New User

Post by djmattb241 »

shamael wrote:Right so the service setup is fine. Reviewing you prior message you mentioned previously you added the user pi in auth
Please copy the output of

sudo cat /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/auth
Modifying the auth file is intended for Web access, not deluge-console straight from the server on ssh (or terminal). So this file should contain a first line with localclient ID. When you renamed the .config/deluge the auth file was generated again. Even without modifying it to add the Pi user you should be able to do the "sudo bash" and "sudo -u deluge deluge-console" (see my previous post). The pi user in auth is not related to the user of the Linux system, you can choose anything (maybe the source of confusion)

localclient:686bf3a546d03a508c2de4a3a9630a9dd2bcca81:10
pi:(current linux user password, non-hashed):10
Also, interesting about the user in auth not being related to the linux system user. I didn't know that! I also don't really understand what that means, ramifications-wise, but I guess that doesn't matter at the moment.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

The users in auth are for remote connections, web or gtk in non classical mode (client-server). As I don't want to expose a local user with sudo privilege in a clear text file I use another (not defined in linux so).

So here you know how to rename the profile and restart the service. Are you able to use deluge-console with a fresh profile? (best to get rid of any change)

sudo bash
cd /var/lib/deluge/.config/
systemctl stop deluged deluge-web
mv deluge deluge.old
systemctl start deluged deluge-web
sudo -u deluge deluge-console  #you are already root here
Don't change the auth or anything else, the deluge-console should work now. If yes, enable the remote access and add a new user (e.g. Jhon but not pi) to auth file. Remote access id fine? Cool, copy the .config/deluge.old/state content in the new ./config/deluge/state if you want to re-add any seeding torrent :)
djmattb241
New User
New User

Post by djmattb241 »

GOT IT! Thanks!