Move some completed torrents to different Ubuntu instance

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
tulip

Move some completed torrents to different Ubuntu instance

Post by tulip »

I followed some instructions here and from a server provider and seem to have two instances of deluged setup and working on ports 10001 and 10002. I have them each pointing to a different watch directory but have the default save location as the same place.

I would like to know how to move some the completed torrents from instance1 to instance 2. Ideally I'd like to move torrents relating to 2 specific trackers but if this isn't possible then I'll just move approximately half to the second instance.

Thanks for your time.
aremmaps
New User
New User

Re: Move some completed torrents to different Ubuntu instance

Post by aremmaps »

May specifying completed folder help you?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Maybe there is an easier way but I see it as a regular reseed:
Considering you still have the .torrent file available (or able to download it again from site) you can simply add the torrent to the second instance in paused state. With the torrent in paused state the feature "move storage" will help you point the torrent to the existing file (if not correct already). Then do a "force recheck" so the Deluge instance can consider it as valid and resume it.
erhan9049
New User
New User

Post by erhan9049 »

Hi guys,

I'm planning to re-install the operating system and change the storage device of my seedbox, which is an Orange Pi Zero with an external HDD.

I have a lot of torrents that I want to keep seeding. Is shamael's answer the easiest way to do this? I didn't keep the .torrent files so this means that I should download all the torrent files of my torrents one by one, which is depressing :(
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

erhan9049 wrote:Hi guys,

I'm planning to re-install the operating system and change the storage device of my seedbox, which is an Orange Pi Zero with an external HDD.

I have a lot of torrents that I want to keep seeding. Is shamael's answer the easiest way to do this? I didn't keep the .torrent files so this means that I should download all the torrent files of my torrents one by one, which is depressing :(
Keep or backup the old SD Card for a while so you can copy things to the new install. Easiest would probably be to copy the deluge config folder over to the new install and then take the new hard drive and mount it to the old location. (Example: mount the new hard drive as /home/Movies or something) All current active torrent files are actually saved in the state folder inside of the deluge config folder. The only problem with that is they are all named as their hash instead of as a human readable file name. If you want to move the data instead of mounting it at the old location then all of your torrents should still be there, however be in an error state with "unable to find data" or something. You could then go through one by one and do the move storage and force recheck thing.