Deluge webUI on a FreeBSD headless server

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
zamana
New User
New User

Deluge webUI on a FreeBSD headless server

Post by zamana »

Hi!

For the past few years (since 2010, if I remember well) I'm running a home NAS server on an Ubuntu Server (currently 16.04 LTS) built from scratch.

In the past few weeks I started to consider moving this NAS from Linux to FreeBSD, and then I started to search and test all the softwares that I'll need to be running on this new system.

From all the pieces of software that I need, the only one that is preventing me to make the switch is... deluge. Explaining...

The system will be a headless server, with no GUI at all, only SSH access. I need only the DELUGE daemon and his companion WEBUI. When I try to install deluge from the repositories (pkg install deluge), it says that a bunch of other softwares (dependecies) will be installed, consuming about 3GB of disk space... This is simply TOO MUCH for a headless server.

So I tried another approach (http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Installing/FreeBSD), using the item:
For headless setups (no X11):

cd /usr/ports/net-p2p/deluge && make WITHOUT_X11=yes install clean
But this consumed more than 3GB of disk space as well, even disabling a lot of useless resources to me.

So, my question is: is this the reality of Deluge on FreeBSD or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
Regards.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge webUI on a FreeBSD headless server

Post by Cas »

Selection_053.png
Selection_053.png (28.71 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
zamana
New User
New User

Re: Deluge webUI on a FreeBSD headless server

Post by zamana »

Thank you very much!

It wasn't clear to me that deluge-cli had the whole shebang...

Now there is nothing preventing me to make the shift.

Thanks.
Regards.