Manually set amount uploaded/ratio

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
ztorrent

Manually set amount uploaded/ratio

Post by ztorrent »

I accidentally removed a torrent. I added it back and did not have to re-download the data, but my ratio and amount uploaded reset. Is there a way to manually set the amount uploaded/the ratio? I assume that Deluge is what keeps track of this. Is it stored in a file somewhere? I think I found it in ~/.config/deluge/state/torrents.fastresume, but it's surrounded by gibberish and I'm afraid that I would mess other things up by messing with it.

I am using Deluge 1.3.15 on Arch Linux, via both deluge-console and deluge-gtk.
miicah
New User
New User

Re: Manually set amount uploaded/ratio

Post by miicah »

1) Close deluge
2) make a backup of torrents. fastresume

Code: Select all

cp torrents.fastresume torrents.fastresume.bk2
3) mess around with what you think will work (I think you're on the right track)
4) Start deluge again.

If it breaks anything just delete the fastresume file you stuffed around with and rename the backup.
Oblique
New User
New User

Re: Manually set amount uploaded/ratio

Post by Oblique »

For anyone interested, I worked out the solution. It is in the torrents.fastresume file. The value to change is total_uploaded.
To work out which which value is for the torrent you want to change, I paused all other torrents, made a copy of the torrents.fastresume file, then left deluge open to upload that one torrent a little more. Then I used the fc command in Command Prompt (google "How to compare two files with Command Prompt on Windows 10").
Once I found the right value, small changes seemed to work better (don't go overboard basically), and keeping a backup of torrents.fastresume was a good idea.