v15 (starting in v14) torrent status display hangs

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
harley91stc

v15 (starting in v14) torrent status display hangs

Post by harley91stc »

Reinstalled deluge-1.3.12-1-win32-py2.7-setup because starting with rel 14 and getting worse with 15, the torrent download screen will freeze showing no updates. The torrent downloads DO seem to finish, even though the state displayed on the download screen shows them with download time remaining and various percentages downloaded. Once the display screen has been frozen I must start windows task manager to force the application from the system. It may have something to do with not always being the top most active screen. v12 does not hang and downloads without a problem. Sometimes when I have scheduled multiple torrents to download and started (resumed) them ( all torrents begin paused ) they will down load fine as long as I dont switch deluge from the current task.

on v15, once the screen has frozen and I terminate the task, restart the computer restart deluge and it use to go through "checking" and then continue downloading, in v15 it never clears the "error" status even though it continues downloading the torrent, and completes the download successfully. The display will still show an "error" status, and never finish on display, even though the complete torrent downloaded completely ...

please let me know if I can do anything to help debug this... on v15 it fails regularly every time I have a few torrents downloading so back on v12 for now.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: v15 (starting in v14) torrent status display hangs

Post by Cas »

This could be something with libtorrent version supplied. You can test with older lt version in 1.3.12 copied to 1.3.15 and running in thinclient mode would determine if it is deluged or deluge-gtk that is crashing for you.