So I used to have a workflow like this:

1) Sickrage adds torrents via webUI in paused state
2) Every morning this command runs:

Code: Select all

deluge-console "connect localhost user pass; resume *"
3) Every afternoon this command runs:

Code: Select all

deluge-console "connect localhost user pass; pause *"
This now only works if I never venture into the webUI.

For example, I come home early from work and pause the downloads using the webUI. Now when I wake up and check the webUI, every torrent is seeding but the torrents I paused using the webUI are unaffected.

I can also go into the console manually and type "resume *" and the manually paused torrents will not resume. The only way to fix this is to go through and use the console to manually resume any torrents I have touched with the webUI.
Tvich

Re: Console commands don't work when webUI is used

Post by Tvich »

Hi, I can't test right now, I'l try in the evening.

In the meantime, is it important to you, that the torrents are paused?
If you just need bandwidth control, use the scheduler plugin.
Why is it important to you, that sickrage adds the torrents in a paused stat (i'm just curious)?
miicah
New User
New User

Post by miicah »

Tvich wrote:Why is it important to you, that sickrage adds the torrents in a paused stat (i'm just curious)?
I add them paused so that if I'm playing games it doesn't destroy my internet connection (I live in Australia, so only have 1mbit upload).
Tvich wrote:If you just need bandwidth control, use the scheduler plugin.
The way that I seed is either for 0.5 ratio, or 7 days total. What happens though is that torrents in the 'queued' state still accumulate "Seeding Time" which messes that up.

Also I don't know if it's accurate, but I feel that there is a difference in bandwidth between having all torrents paused and having a 0/0 limit on bandwidth. It's been a while, but I usually notice a 5/10 ping difference in CS:GO when torrents are not seeding (0/0) vs paused.
Tvich

Post by Tvich »

Sorry for the delay.
I can recreate your problem.

Deluge console can not resume torrents that were paused in deluge-web or deluge-gtk.
And, this one is even weirder, if i pause them in deluge-console, I can't resume them with deluge-web or deluge-gtkui.
As soon as I start using ID's, like you said, everything works.
It could be even by design, I don't know.
Alpine 3.5, Deluge 1.3.15

I will spin up 1.3.15_debug, if i can get something interesting out of the logs.

Edit: Trying to resume torrents paused in deluge-console with pause * in gtkui:
[DEBUG ] 14:57:24 core:437 Resuming: ('de8fb861f5829f7475607cc353bcedcd588e7ad0',)
And nothing happens.
Perhaps you should open a ticket?
miicah
New User
New User

Post by miicah »

Tvich wrote:Perhaps you should open a ticket?
I'll look into it, because it is annoying, just busy with uni right now. But if it's not working for you then I assume it's a bug, so would be good to get it fixed.

Hell I might even look at fixing it myself for something to do over the holidays (lol)