Origin Error ?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
WarningU2
New User
New User

Origin Error ?

Post by WarningU2 »

I'm a complete newbie to Deluge. Love it so migrated from problematic (of late) uTorrent. The migration went swimmingly but I get periodic error messages that show: *trackername: Error: Origin Error on torrents I am seeding. Completely random it appears.

They clean up after a few minutes but I'm just curious what does the error mean?

Is Deluge is having issues communicating with the tracker? Or the file location gets garbled by Deluge communicating to the tracker? Is this a problem with the tracker or Deluge? Do I not worry about it because it clears but by itself? :)

Note: *masking actual tracker name.
It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations. - Winston Churchill
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Origin Error ?

Post by shamael »

Hi,

this is the answer received during the tracker update. No issue with Deluge but it seems your tracker url is not able to respond all request at some moment. I've seen similar error (multiple exist) with tracker using Cloudflare, often an HTTP 522.

You can always copy/past the tracker URL (not your passkey!) in a browser and refresh, you will certainly get the same error. Maybe the tracker's forum have some input at this level. A curl/batch loop on the tracker HTTP answer may be used to confirm too.
WarningU2
New User
New User

Post by WarningU2 »

I suspected as much.

The tracker does use Cloudflare and has turned on some security measures due to DDOS attacks. The measures are causing the majority of the torrents to be hampered by http 520 errors if using uTorrent. I was unable to seed properly It was recommended to use Deluge. It appears that using Deluge results in these origin errors rather than 520 errors, but it is not as severe and recovers quickly. Seeing has improved dramatically.

Thank you for the information.
It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations. - Winston Churchill
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Despite the fact I advise you Deluge :) I guess uTorrent should be able to deal with the error too. the way to report it may be different but in both case a warning/error is raised. The Cloudflare HTTP code returned may differ in various 5XX but it not really important. What can be if the site use a ratio is your statistics: if you're in a situation where you are able to dl/ul but the tracker error appears, your ratio will not be updated with what you upload the last XX minutes. In short the tracker updates give to the site what you have done the last 30 minutes (may vary but always the same delay). If after 30 minutes you're not able to contact the tracker the statistics will not be reported to your ratio.
So no worry but take care about it if relevant :)