How can I re-generate defaut configuration files?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
zqslzwzw
New User
New User

How can I re-generate defaut configuration files?

Post by zqslzwzw »

Hi, I install deluged and deluge-web on seedbox (debian 8.1), but there is with some problems. The I delete the configuration files core.conf and au (there is only one copy and they are located under /root/.config) and restart deluged and deluge-web via systemctl command, but no new configuration files are found.

And also the mothod provided in The guide for Thin Client also doesn't work:
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/User ... alUIClient
To create the config directory and populate with the default files, run and then stop deluged. (If using a service substitute appropriate operating system commands):

Code: Select all

deluged
killall deluged
Note: The config location is either the default location with reference to the user that deluged is running as. Alternatively if using a service it will be specified in the service config files with -c <path> option.
now visiting the Server:8112 get:
web.Server Traceback (most recent call last):
exceptions.IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge-1.3.10-py2.7.egg/deluge/ui/web/index.html'
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/web/server.py:189 in process
188 self._encoder = encoder
189 self.render(resrc)
190 except:
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/web/server.py:238 in render
237 try:
238 body = resrc.render(self)
239 except UnsupportedMethod as e:
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge-1.3.10-py2.7.egg/deluge/ui/web/server.py:573 in render
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mako/template.py:321 in __init__
320 path = None
321 module = self._compile_from_file(path, filename)
322 else:
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mako/template.py:395 in _compile_from_file
394 # in memory
395 data = util.read_file(filename)
396 code, module = _compile_text(
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mako/util.py:343 in read_file
342 def read_file(path, mode='rb'):
343 fp = open(path, mode)
344 try:
exceptions.IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge-1.3.10-py2.7.egg/deluge/ui/web/index.html'
Indeed, the right path should be /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/web/index.html.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: How can I re-generate defaut configuration files?

Post by shamael »

hi again :)

check answers in other post. Be careful to start/stop Deluge always the same way (systemctl is fine). When you start Deluge with the service OR through command line, the config is generated if not present. But in the home folder of the user you're logged one as you already configured the service only start/stop Deluge through it and the configuration will be located in the home folder of the user defined in the deluged.service file.
If you are not sure about the different matter maybe the best way is to follow http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/User ... ce/systemd so you have a standard config for the user and the services, easing the help the forum can provide.
Be sure to stop/kill any running Deluged & deluge-web instance prior proceeding the change.
Tvich

Re: How can I re-generate defaut configuration files?

Post by Tvich »

I'm not sure if core.conf gets generated without changes from default.

Make sure deluged is not running.
Try:

deluged -c ~/deluge_config && deluge-console -c ~/deluge_config "config" && deluge-console -c ~/deluge_config "halt"
If that one does not work, try, this one.

deluged -c ~/deluge_config && deluge-console -c ~/deluge_config "config -s random_port false" && deluge-console -c ~/deluge_config "halt"
In the home directory of the user that run the command above, there will be a new directory called "deluge_config".